All Journal Entries Journals

interesting article

Aug 06, 2011 - 4 comments

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/health/02abuse.html?_r=1&WT.mc_id=HL-D-I-NYT-MOD-MOD-M213-ROS-0811-HDR&WT.mc_ev=click

Comments
Post a Comment
Avatar universal
by hiskidd, Aug 06, 2011
:(

617347 tn?1331293081
by laurel453, Aug 06, 2011
hey, knowledge is power, David... and remember that they talk about the 60 % of addicts, what about the other 40 % ? this is what i would like knowing too ;)

617347 tn?1331293081
by laurel453, Aug 06, 2011
besides, there is a lack of certain dopamine, serotonin levels linked to addiction so we'd better keep doing stuff to increase them... exercising, healthy diet, etc....

Avatar universal
by hiskidd, Aug 07, 2011
I know. I "get" you :) I had a bad day today. Lots of stress, led to pain, led to thoughts of Oxycontin. Fortunately it was the weekend. No chance to see my pain doc. Anyway, I sulked and laid around all day. Then I got myself up late in the afternoon, took my family to dinner, and then did the treadmill. I'm up to 30 min a day, but sometimes it doesn't help the pain, so sometimes I don't want to even do it.

Anyway, tonight the treadmill helped, along with an Epsom salt soak.

I appreciate you more than you know!

Post a Comment