All Journal Entries Journals
Previous | Next


Oct 14, 2011 - 4 comments

Joseph James
born 8-25-2011 at 2:30 p.m.
weighing 7lb 4oz, 19 in long

I arrived at the hospital around 6 a.m. for an elective induction.  The got me comfortable in my room and began the gazillion questions that they ask.  My poor husband had been working day and night literally so he promptly fell asleep on the couch, which was fine.  This isn't our first rodeo and this was all standard stuff.  The nurse was really nice but since they do a shift change at 7, she wasn't my nurse for very long.  It's so funny because this is my 3rd baby to deliver at this particular hospital.  I love this hospital.  Anyway, some of the nurses I have had all 3 times.  Almost every nurse I had, I have had at least one time before.  My intake nurse, was my intake nurse last time.  They have little turn around, which says a lot about this hospital system.  It's the Methodist Hospital system.

Once they started my IV, they began the pitocin drip and my antibiotics for my strep B.  I got my epidural and just kind of waited and relaxed.  I didn't have my computer or my phone, which really stunk because I had no internet access.  Had DH's phone, but the battery was low and we didn't have the dog on charger.  We were not super duper prepared because we were moving during this time.  Our first night in our house was the night before I had Joseph.  Talk about time!!  Anyway, my BP did drop quite a bit a couple of times.  I could literally feel myself almost lose consciousness.  That part was scary because it just feels weird.  Like you're dying.  They had to give me medication a couple of times because of it.  Once it was stabilized, I was fine.

I was dialating quickly, but then kind of stalled.  It was funny because my doc came by during his lunch rounds and said, "This baby is in Dallas.  He needs to come to Houston."  Another words, he was super high and not moving down.  But my doc broke my water.  He said there was A LOT of fluid.  Next thing I knew, and I do mean the next thing I knew, I was fully dialated and the nurse had to call him.  She checked me and said, "Well, this baby has arrived in Houston."  I'd say within an hour of my water being broken, I was ready to have little Joseph.

Doc was called and it only took me a few pushes.  I was pushing whether I was contracting or not.  I didn't care.  I just wanted him out :)  Tore a little bit.  I heard my doctor tell my nurse that it was 2nd degree tear but he stitched me right up.  Joseph's heartbeat started to drop right before he was born.  I heard the nurse tell my doctor, but then he said that this would be my last push so it would be fine, and it was.

My beautiful, sweet baby Joseph was born into this world and I am truly in love.  He is the sweetest most beautiful little boy and I couldn't be happier.

Post a Comment
1169162 tn?1331232353
by nola0805, Oct 14, 2011
Congrats!!  It looks like you wore him out!   My goodness - he looks just like his closest sister.  I am glad the delivery went well.  You must be so happy to have your little boy here.  

287246 tn?1318570063
by Michele, Katy, TX, Oct 14, 2011
Thanks nola!  I am thrilled.  I am so tired and struggling w/ PPD, but I couldn't be happier about my sweet baby.  He is truly an angel :)

1351078 tn?1416313146
by retta483, Oct 14, 2011
congrats :)

790669 tn?1465189099
by Des_a_rae, Oct 14, 2011
AWw he is beautiful!!  Glad everything went well. Scary thing about almost losing consciousness.  Sooo happy for you!!! :)  Congratulations to you and your family. :D

Post a Comment