So here I am at 38wks and 5days...I have 9 days until my due date and I am insanely uncomfortable. My back hurts all the time, my legs feel like they are going to pop apart at my hips...my contractions are becoming steady and making changes, but not enough apparently.
On Tuesday Jan. 6th I was 2cm and 50% effaced and Corbin is -2 station...Now I am 4-5cm and 70% effaced and Corbin is -1 station. My contractions are 3-8 minutes apart, but Corbin doesn't seem to want to drop any more and b/c of that they refuse to break my water. I guess they are worried that if they break my water before he is fully engaged in the birth canal that there is a chance the umbilical cord will drop down...umbilical cord prolapse I believe the doctors called it.
They gave me Tylenol #3 and Ambien last night to sleep through the contractions...which worked great...and they offered it to me again for tonight, but I refused. I don't want to drug Corbin before he decides to come into the world (when ever that may be).
I have my follow-up appointment at the clinic on Jan. 15th...I'm hoping Corbin has dropped enough to be induced!