Apr 09, 2009
I got this in the mail today. The spam filter didn’t work 100%. I know.
Why even post it? Just to comment on a society where people ask me “is it safe?” when I prescribe a medication for them and yet value the fact that people in Hollywood do something. Most of the people in Hollywood are idiots and are surrounded by more idiots.
Let me reassure you:
1. Your body is not “full of toxins.” When it is, your liver and kidneys are designed to handle those “toxins” and will do so far better than anything someone tries to sell you.
2. Diets only work when they restrict calories.
3. Your colon is fine and does not deserve to be regularly “cleansed.” Colonics have been around since the early 1900’s (maybe earlier) and the fact that they are still being used is only evidence of the gullibility of humans.
4. Never trust something that claims to “strengthen the immune system.” It is an impossible claim to prove or disprove, and so is made with impunity.
5. Look for the word “supports.” Phrases such as “supports prostate health” or “supports a healthy immune system” are big signs that you are being BS’d.
6. I never give patients medicines I would not take myself in the same circumstance. I know no doctors who do. It is fine to say “why do I need this medicine?” or “Is this medication really necessary?” but to ask “is it safe?” or “doesn’t this destroy the liver?” is kind of insulting.
7. I guarantee that any plan like this one will cause significant weight loss…in your wallet.
Sorry. Had to rant about this. People believe many dumb things and will until the world’s end. I feel bad for the people brought in by this and am angered at the hucksters that are fattening their wallets and misleading the uninformed.
End of Rant
*This post was originally published at Musings of a Distractible Mind.*