Anita Ramsetty, MD  

Specialties: GeneralEndocrinology, Diabetes Type 1

Endocrine Care Group
Charleston, SC
All Journal Entries Journals
Previous | Next

Leaving Medhelp

Apr 21, 2008 - 4 comments

Dear Friends,

I have very much enjoyed my time on Medhelp and have learned from you even while hosting our Ask-A-Doctor forum for Diabetes. Sadly I am leaving the Medhelp community as my own practice has become busier and time constraints have proved quite challenging. So from April 7th 2008 I will be officially away from Medhelp, but you can still find me at our practice website www.endocrinehelp.com, so please drop me a  line if you wish. All the best to you and blessings for the future,

Anita Ramsetty,MD

Post a Comment
Avatar universal
by Claudine5279, Jun 04, 2008
I am a Medical Assistant student, who will eventaully become a nurse someday I  am very interested in staying in the medical field...  I am very curious as to a case we are working on in class... If a diabetic pt. has a broken ankle and needs surgery but blisters have occured on the foot should the orthopedic surgeon continue with fixing the bone or should he /she consult with an Endocrine specialist or Vascular specialist....

Please Advise,

647754 tn?1270036911
by pdr7686, Nov 05, 2008
I have been a Diabetic since '96. My meds I take are Glucophage and 2 different insulins. I also take medications for Depression, Bi-Polar, etc... In 2004 I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C due to a blood transfusion in 1979. I have developed problems where my legs cramp up, burn, and hurt so bad I can not walk without assistance sometimes. My hands are also like this. All my PCP wants to do is prescribe pain meds which do not help. I am just wondering out if your business schedule if you could help me. Thank you for your expertise and your time.

Please Advise,

291531 tn?1193610693
by Anita Ramsetty, MDBlank, Nov 05, 2008
Hello Pam,

Thank you for writing in. I am afraid I am quite limited in what I can do through this forum for your specific situation. It does sound as though you will benefit from a specialists' opinion though--perhaps you can request a referral from your PCP to an Endocrinologist within your community?
I am sorry I could not be of more specific assistance, all the best to you,.
Anita Ramsetty

647754 tn?1270036911
by pdr7686, Nov 05, 2008
Hello Dr. Ramsetty,

Thank you for writing me back and for your opinion on what you think I should do. My thinking is I probably have Neuropathy. I know in your legal capacity you can only advise me to see an Endocrinologist.
Pam Reavis

Post a Comment