J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVM  
Male, 63
Plano, TX

Specialties: Urogynecolog, Pelvic Reconstructive Medicine

Interests: Women's Health, Bladder Diseases
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Plano, TX
All Journal Entries Journals

Don't Feel Embarrassed to Ask

Jan 10, 2014 - 14 comments




Don’t Feel Embarrassed to Ask a Urogynecologist about Incontinence
by Dr. J. Kyle Matthews |  August 31st, 2013

A relatively new field of medicine exists to greatly improve a woman’s quality of life, and address the most closely guarded women’s health issues. Unfortunately, many women suffer in silence from problems that a urogynecologist can correct, often with in-office procedures.

Dr. J. Kyle Mathews, a specialist trained in urogynecology in Plano, combines the services of a gynecologist and urologist to provide higher level care to women.

What is a Urogynecologist?
Urogynecology is a medical and surgical sub-specialty combining urology and gynecology. Specialists like Dr. Mathews are obstetricians/gynecologists that pursued advanced training in syndromes that involve the organs and systems of the pelvic floor.

Your pelvic floor supports the bladder, vagina, rectum and uterus. The muscles and connective tissues in the pelvic region are susceptible to the ‘wear and tear’ of pregnancy and childbirth, weight gain and age. Previous pelvic surgeries or genetics can also lead to problems that a urogynecologist can correct.

Urogynecologists like Dr. Mathews use the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques to treat women’s health issues, such as:

• Urinary incontinence or leaking
• Fecal or bowel incontinence
• Pelvic organ prolapse (fallen bladder, vagina, uterus or rectum)
• Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndromes)
• Overactive bladder syndromes
• Vaginal rejuvenation or vaginoplasty

Why Partner with a Urogynecologist?
A urogynecologist like Dr. Mathews provides continuity of care, with specialized training in pelvic floor disorders for higher-level care. Your Ob/Gyn or general practice physician may refer you to a urogynecologist when problems arise.

Statistics show that a third of women will suffer from pelvic floor disorders in their lifetimes.

Some women decide to see a urogynecologist for annual well woman visits, and develop a relationship before any specific problem develops. In addition to pelvic floor disorders such as incontinence and prolapse, Dr. Mathews sees patients for annual Pap smears, menopause management and infertility.

If you want to proactively partner with a urogynecologist, or currently experience incontinence, recurring UTIs or painful intercourse, contact Dr. J. Kyle Mathews in his Plano urogynecology practice.

Post a Comment
Avatar universal
by slatmangotree, Jan 14, 2014
I am and Indian male,24 years old,I never had sex in my life.However I masturbates a lot and it started when I was 13 and still doing it 1-2 times a day.When I was 15 or 16, I had a small ,white spot on the head of my penis. It had no sensation it was like a thin dead skin like.I didn't say to my parents because that time I was worried that they might find out I masturbates or so. It slowly started to grow it a little blister like or like a hump,when I press it its think and i can feel its big inside and it sensation of something is inside.Recently from last year it became bit more big and think.I do have photographs I am happy to show to you doctors.I would like to know is it any form of STD or cancer or    any type of skin problem.Please let me know

1344197 tn?1392819171
by J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank, Jan 14, 2014
Please refer your question to the urology forum.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD

Avatar universal
by LuvPug1971, Jan 16, 2014
Hello, I'm a 42 yr old mom with diabetes.  I am currently taking antibiotics for a UTI, and although I have been on them for 7 days, I don't feel better.  I feel like I constantly need to pee even after I've just gone, and have this annoying pain in my bladder.  I also have the sudden urge to go and have leaked before making it to the washroom.  This is very uncomfortable and embarrassing.  Any suggestions?

Avatar universal
by LuvPug1971, Jan 19, 2014
An update... The pain is finally going away and I am not going to the bathroom as much.  I stopped taking the cranberry supplements as well.  Can a UTI be caused by not drinking enough fluids?

Avatar universal
by Genealogylady54, Jan 23, 2014
I'm not a doctor, but I had a UTI many years ago.
I'm not sure if not drinking enough can actually cause a UTI, but not drinking enough doesn't flush out your bladder.  
I've had kidney issues since last May.  Mine deal with stones.
However, the first things the urologists tell you is to drink LOTS of water.  This goes for stone formers, UTIs and most kidney issues.  LOTS means about half your body weight in ounces or until your urine is light yellow or clear.  They you will know that you are drinking enough to flush out your kidneys and bladder.
Good luck!


Avatar universal
by Dan201425, Jan 28, 2014
regarding there foreskin

I went to my doctor and he said my foreskin was too tight when erect as it was getting trapped behind the head on the penis I do not have a frenulum either by maybe pulling it back as I use to have a tight foreskin wen I was younger I'm just looking for information on what may happen when I go and what to expect. Thanks I'm 26 and it's like a tight band when erect I can send a photo if use could help thanks

Avatar universal
by mark5211987, Feb 13, 2014
Anti-Hbe (reverse) 0.005 REACTIVE
Anti-Hbc IgM 0.019 NON REACTIVE
Anti-Hbc IgG (reverse) 0.406 REACTIVE    

Good day, just want to share this and get some ideas ho to be cured please help this is my result and hoping to be cured  what should i do?  And my sgpt is 35    

Avatar universal
by keatonsgirl23, Sep 14, 2014
I have started taking Mononessa birth control pills, and they have decreased my sex drive and it hurts and I have no desire to have sex anymore.... Any solutions or advice?

Avatar universal
by zoyakhan, Nov 29, 2014
Hi,doc...  I m 25 yr and have polystic ovaries my doc prescribed me clomid from 3-7day of my period and my date was 9 nov and now from 26nov I have little pain in stomach as like in periods day and little pain in breast nipple.. Is this is sign of pregnancy
please answer mee

Avatar universal
by Anonymousneedshelp, Jan 15, 2015
Hello, I'm 17 and lately I've been taking antibiotics prescribed by my dermatologist. It's been a while now for about a few weeks or month, so two days ago I got this scratchy feeling on my labia. There was also tiny white stuff, a nurse I know has suggested me to use a canesten cream and I did since a day now. Today I self checked and I say that there was a lot of white stuff like coming from inside and it looked clogged -it didn't look like tiny little pieces together but one huge thing- and I am scared. I can't go to the doctor (I have some reasons). Maybe I should stop taking my antibiotics? Maybe I should eat something or take probiotics?

It's my first time to get anything like that I'm really scared!! Help please?

Avatar universal
by amzy2016, Mar 10, 2015
Hi I've been having positive ovulation tests for over 6 weeks now iv done a few pregnancy test some
Have been neg but a few have been a very very faint positive y could this be

Avatar universal
by anonymousfairy, Apr 23, 2015
Hi.. I was told by Dr I should get a pap smear as have never had 1 before & I was raped.. Really frightened about what actually happens in examination  & having 2 expose myself.. Have heard apart of the examination the Dr will use a finger as well.. Please help..

Avatar universal
by vinayvarma, Jul 19, 2015
Sir plz suggest me any medicine

Avatar universal
by Lucy0521, Sep 24, 2015
I had kidney surgery five years ago to remove a blockage on my right kidney. Now I can't stop peeing. I pee like every thirty minutes to hour. I was wondering why this is? Went to the doctor and they said it's not a uti . Need help.

Post a Comment