Aa
A
A
Close

ADD / ADHD Forum

Questions in the Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD–ADHD) forum are answered by medical experts and professionals.

1 - 20 (of 46) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
why does adderal work better than dexadrine
debhead | Posted
My question is: is it possible for me to have adult ADD if I don't struggle with hyperactivity? ... and would a doctor be willing to give me a prescription for medication based on my inability to focus and stay on task along with several...
ilaria_agape | Last answer
So i have been taking adderal XR 20mg for about 2 years now, and i know a side effect is dry mouth. I therefore drink alot of fluids during the day, more than the usual person. I always need to have a drink with me or I become extremel...
gia479 | Last answer
Can anybody tell me if they have had these problems while on adderall. chest pain, numbness and light headedness. I take the drug for attention deficit and it works really well so I don't want to change drugs any help will be appreciated
daisybea | Last answer
Hello Between ages 8 and about 28 I took, daily, a prescribed dose of Ritalin (between 20 mg and 40/mg per day) to treat a learning deficit that has always clearly expressed itself. Ritalin was very effective and the noticeable side ...
Ritalin1986 | Last answer
My child has tried stimulant medicines for her ADHD and cannot use them due to her PACs. Her pediatric endocrinologist says that there is only one nonstimulant medicine called clonidine that she can take. I asked about Strattera and ot...
aridlon | Last answer
Hi, I have a question regarding the medication Ritalin (Methylphenidate) used in the treatment of ADHD. You may have answered similar questions previously but I don’t really have the time to go searching this forum. The drug I’m referri...
Holden43 | Last answer
I have a 7 year old son that is having behavior problems everyday. My husband and I have done everything imaginable and nothing works. We have tried grounding, spanking, etc. and we are at our wits end. He trys to be a class clown at ...
gapgardner | Last answer
Wow I wrote about a 5 page story about myself and my situation. Now that I see it cant be over 2000 characters, I feel stupid. If whoever the doctor responding to this is, I can send an e-mail of all of it. It will explain everything so ...
navysailor230 | Last answer
Background: My 7-year-old son was diagnosed with ADHD at age four. We have been under treatment since then. He wasn't put on Ritalin until age 6, with great results (Daytrana). In January, we moved -- new house, new (public vice Mont...
Lisa1283 | Last answer
My son is 4 and 3 month. His attention does not seem to be a problem as he enjoys story time at home and at preschool. However, he is always running around the house or doing some silly things such as climbing and running around the hou...
NOMA0512 | Last answer
So, I'm 25, and make a pretty good living as a research scientist. I would say I have above average observation and association skills, and my long term memory is even pretty good. For some reason, I have never had good short term me...
pxn231 | Last answer
My son, who is currently 9 years old, was diagnosed at a very young age with ADHD and his current doctor has him on 4 drugs, 3 of which show moderate interactions with each other. The 4 are: Zolpidem (Ambien), Methylphenidate (Concerta),...
concerneddad5208 | Last answer
My son is 11 years and dx with adhd. Has always been hyper and also has social skills deficits, can't handle group play well at all. His deficits may be related to a loss of oxygen at birth. Just came to me last week and thought he da...
Becky_Stentz | Last answer
We have a twelve-year-old son who has been diagnosed with ADHD at age six and Aspergers at age ten. His primary problems have been hyperactivity, severe impatience (can't even wait in a simple line for a few minutes without a lot of flak...
KappoLay | Last answer
My 13 year old son that is putting us at our wits end. At a young age he was diagnosed w/ ADHD. When the meds are balanced Ridalin, Concerta ect, he is tolerable for about six months, c’s in school, minor sibling fighting, respectful. N...
walynut | Last answer
We've always been told that our 9 year old daughter has a hard time focusing in school and getting her work done. There was a minor "habit" that she had when she was younger that we were attributing this to. She has now broken that habit...
amyg810 | Last answer
Ever since I can remember, I have been able to "generate" some sort of electric sensation throughout my body. Just recently I was hooked up to an ekg ( was having some heart issues, that turned out to simply be to much caffine) and bega...
Kberglund | Last answer
i have a 4 yr old daughter who at age 2 was kicked ou of her first daycare for bad behavior and tantrums she was accepted onto head start about 4 months ago and things seemed to escalate with her bad behavior...she is horrible in public...
lushaboom_ragdoll | Last answer
703238_tn?1297101958
I was diagnosed with Adult ADD and Bipolar disorder. I have self medicaded for quite a while with hydrocodone or other pain medication. It seems to take away all the symptoms and problems associated with my state and I was wondering if t...
stephaniejo | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now