Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Ataxia Community

WELCOME to the ATAXIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Ataxia, which occurs when parts of the nervous system that control movement are damaged. People with ataxia experience a failure of muscle control in their arms and legs, resulting in a lack of balance and coordination or a disturbance of gait.

1 - 20 (of 51) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Do people that have Acute Cebellar Ataxia ( caused from the flu). After they are well, what is their lifespan, usually? Is it normal?
  Posted
1580434 tn?1378600128
doesn't seem to be much going on - on this board. i'll give it a try anyway. i have progressive spastic ataxia and being referred to the movement disorder clinic. i was wondering if anyone has been to one and what to expect. i have w...
  Posted
i have cell atrophy and I need a dr/neo in Memphis, Tn. Help? I prefer on that knows about ataxia.
  Posted
I have had dizziness and incoordination since I was 11yo. Triggers in the early years were indeterminable. I lost control to various degrees but never consciousness with each attack. Episodes lasted from seconds to even hours, but for ...
  Posted
Hello I'm writing because I don't know what to do anymore. I was have neurological symptoms 11 years ago went to have a mri and they said it was negative you have fibro. 11 years went on had two children went to school and started workin...
  Posted
Goodness where do I begin?. My son was born july 2011 at 39 weeks and 5 days his scores were perfect so we went home on regular schedule. He was breastfed up until 6 months he met all his milestones on time or earlier than expected. Coup...
  Posted
My daughter maggie was diagnoised in the winter of 2009 with ataxia and since than she has graduated from high school.Maggie has some learning disabilities as well as depression. Maggie is very intelligent but isolates herself from the ...
  Posted
What is the life expectancy of a patient, who has Acute Cerebellar Ataxia and Spinal Muscular Atrophy-type4, after a severe, diffuse, traumatic brain injury, at the age of 16 years, resulting in 3 months of coma?
  Posted
Hi Everybody Im new to this site and not quite sure how it works,but am giving it a go. I believe that i have had Ataxia since a very young age but only been properly diagnosed approx two years ago age 61yrs. My question would be th...
  Posted
I have ataxia ever since children... and slowly slow I now cant walk, but can move, but I feel every part of my body
  Posted
Hi I have a 15 year old son and he is having throbbing pain in the back of his head. He is tired and sleeping but his head is hurting, Tylenol and Advil do not help. Low appetite and just lack of energy.
  Posted
9748875 tn?1405729323
Of the many symptoms of this type of SCA is leg weakness one of them? Because nerves do not fire right in certain areas,such as walking
  Posted
4943237 tn?1428994695
Hello I'm currently in limbo land trying to figure out whether I have gluten ataxia and/or MS. I have all the usual symptoms common to GA and MS. My GP thinks MS as she disagrees that gluten sensitivity can cause neurological sympto...
  Posted
When someone has ataxia, does it only effect their legs? Or does it affect legs and arms at same time? Also, when someone walks, do they have to think about walking to get their legs to move? I am confused how it works.
  Posted
AMO
Hello, As you maybe see ouur forum here is rather slow and quiet. Ataxia is a raare disease/disorder, but there aare those of us that struggle daily with it. I am greatful Medhelp has offered this venue even though not much a...
  Posted
I had ataxia since 1989 it passed through my dad family i started to notice my hearing is started to be effected i had a hearing test just waiting for proper one at Qe hospital after been refered by my Gp why does ataxia effect my hearin...
  Posted
omg my axtra
  Posted
I just found out about gluten ataxia on the living without site. I had allergy testing finally done with a skin test about a year and a half ago after many many years of being sick (at least 24 years) It came up with wheat and barley a...
  Posted
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and for the last month I've gone twice that's all I'm so constipated I have such a bad time going wondering if there is something I can do bedsides of course drink more water which I do and eat fiber which I try to ...
  Posted
3054080 tn?1358726456
Hello everyone, I have been fairly active in the MS community as I have had neurological symptoms. I have two lesions on my brain. None in c-spine, and I haven't received the results of my t-spine MRI yet. I recently was transferr...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ataxia Community Resources