Aa
A
A
Close
Ataxia Community
WELCOME to the ATAXIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Ataxia, which occurs when parts of the nervous system that control movement are damaged. People with ataxia experience a failure of muscle control in their arms and legs, resulting in a lack of balance and coordination or a disturbance of gait.
1 - 20 (of 51) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Do people that have Acute Cebellar Ataxia ( caused from the flu). After they are well, what is their lifespan, usually? Is it normal?
11 answers | 1 comment |
1580434 tn?1378600128
doesn't seem to be much going on - on this board. i'll give it a try anyway. i have progressive spastic ataxia and being referred to the ...
6 answers |
i have cell atrophy and I need a dr/neo in Memphis, Tn. Help? I prefer on that knows about ataxia.
1 answer |
I have had dizziness and incoordination since I was 11yo. Triggers in the early years were indeterminable. I lost control to various deg...
3 answers |
Hello I'm writing because I don't know what to do anymore. I was have neurological symptoms 11 years ago went to have a mri and they said...
1 answer |
Goodness where do I begin?. My son was born july 2011 at 39 weeks and 5 days his scores were perfect so we went home on regular schedule....
1 answer |
My daughter maggie was diagnoised in the winter of 2009 with ataxia and since than she has graduated from high school.Maggie has some le...
1 answer |
What is the life expectancy of a patient, who has Acute Cerebellar Ataxia and Spinal Muscular Atrophy-type4, after a severe, diffuse, tra...
6 answers |
Hi Everybody Im new to this site and not quite sure how it works,but am giving it a go. I believe that i have had Ataxia since a very...
5 answers |
I have ataxia ever since children... and slowly slow I now cant walk, but can move, but I feel every part of my body
1 answer |
Hi I have a 15 year old son and he is having throbbing pain in the back of his head. He is tired and sleeping but his head is hurting, T...
1 answer |
9748875 tn?1405729323
Of the many symptoms of this type of SCA is leg weakness one of them? Because nerves do not fire right in certain areas,such as walking
1 answer |
4943237 tn?1428994695
Hello I'm currently in limbo land trying to figure out whether I have gluten ataxia and/or MS. I have all the usual symptoms common to...
7 answers |
When someone has ataxia, does it only effect their legs? Or does it affect legs and arms at same time? Also, when someone walks, do they...
7 answers |
AMO
Hello, As you maybe see ouur forum here is rather slow and quiet. Ataxia is a raare disease/disorder, but there aare those of u...
12 answers |
I had ataxia since 1989 it passed through my dad family i started to notice my hearing is started to be effected i had a hearing test jus...
3 answers |
omg my axtra
1 answer |
I just found out about gluten ataxia on the living without site. I had allergy testing finally done with a skin test about a year and a ...
2 answers |
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and for the last month I've gone twice that's all I'm so constipated I have such a bad time going wondering if ther...
2 answers |
3054080 tn?1358726456
Hello everyone, I have been fairly active in the MS community as I have had neurological symptoms. I have two lesions on my brain. No...
3 answers |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ataxia Community Resources