Cystic Fibrosis Community

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that causes mucus to be thick and sticky which can clog the lungs, causing breathing problems and making it easy for bacteria to grow and cause lung infections or damage. Discuss topics including prevention methods, causes, symptoms and treatment options.

1 - 20 (of 34) questions
Hi! I guess I am just looking for opinions on whether or not I should seek CF testing. I'm sorry this is so long! Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer some advice. I've been "sick" on and off for a few years now. As a child I...
Rtn87 | Last answer
This is the 1st time I have had cyst. I honestly thought I had gas for two days, until a few days ago I couldn't hardly move. My husband took me to the er where I found out the following. 1. One I was pregnant, when he did the ultrasound...
Nikki_2427 | Last answer
Does anyone know the effects of herpes on people with cystic fibrosis? Does it effect them like it does everyone else? Or can it cause more issues?
AuziNikol | Last answer
Hi so. A couple day ago I woke up and did my normal routine, but when I sat down to eat it hurt around my buttocks area so I got up and went to the bathroom to check on it. I saw a small pimple maybe dime size and I thought it was a bug ...
JL_Needs_Help | Last answer
i have this arachnoid cyst following: clinical details******************* muscle spasms, Headache, previous arachnoid cyst technique************************** routine mri findings*************************** in the left middle crani...
AZZAAZZA | Last answer
hi! im a new member here and maybe i could find strength here by knowing even just a bit info about the result of the FNAB...DIAGNOSIS: Right anterior neck mass, fine needle aspiration biopsy...cell findings compatible with colloid cyst....
gladz31 | Last answer
I had my daughter on 8/24 and today her dr office called saying she tested positive for cystic fibrosis and would need to do a sweat test. The nurse said there is a chance it was a false positive. Has anyone ever had their child do a swe...
engetj18 | Last answer
I had choledocal cyst type 1 surgery two years ago.. I recently had dysentery but I did not take any medication for it. I was well and after a weeks time I started having severe pain in my lower right stomach just around 5 inches away fr...
Karmajang | Last answer
My mother is 75 years old and she was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. The research I have shows that it is common in young children. I don't understand how she was diagnosed if it is A disease and younger children. Can someone give me so...
PZF | Last answer
Hey ladies. So I have been researching this problem I have been having with the palms of my hands after they get wet. Whether it's showering, washing dishes, washing my hands, the picture I have included is what happens to them serious...
SillyRenee | Last answer
Could I have cystic fibrosis ? I have had a lot of trouble with breathing when little and was diagnosed with moderate persistent asthma but the inhalers, no matter how strong, never worked. But I get super out of breath when doing simple...
MadiBogden | Posted
Are pleurisy and pulmonary fibrosis related and do you they have anything to do with each other?
tammytaz619 | Posted
My 16 yr old CFer has, doc thinks, Pleurisy. I've found some info that implies a link between Pancreatitis and Pleurisy, but am wondering how they are related? He does take prevacid and ursodiol for GERD, and is on TOBI, Cipro (for pse...
CFerMomX2 | Last answer
Hello, I am from Bangladesh. My son's age is about 7 months. We are consanguineous parents. As per X-ray report, his left lungs is collapsed. He already suffered from pneumonia twice in his 7 months. As per doctor's advice, we conduct th...
engr_Shawon | Posted
I'm carrier and I'm 32 weeks pregnant we don't know if the babies father is I'm really scared that the baby has it . But also I'm the only one in my family who's a carrier of it how is that.
findinghope101 | Last answer
I have Bronchiectasis. And have just recently found out that I have Psuedomonas that cause constand infection,. Unfortunately I have used almost every antibiotic on the planet. But the one that I desperately need Tobimyacin my insuranc...
nyzki144 | Last answer
Please goto facebook and look up Kelsey Simmons and message her and tell her to be strong and carry on bc life goes on and there will be a cure found. Her profile picture is her and her 2 year old son. And she is friends with pheibe pain...
MommyMcDaniel | Posted
What are the signs of cystic fibrosis,need a help please tnx
deejert | Last answer
Dear Doctor, Today I went for X-Ray scan for my Dad (Age - 59 Years) in that report "Fibrotic scar seen in right upper zone" remark is mentioned. And in advisory note clinical correlation is written. Please advice me what is this? ...
armancrik | Last answer
My brother and I were both diagnosed with CF. I was told I had a milder case. He passed away at age 44. I am 51 now and still not as bad as he was. I never heard anything about mutations, till I read this forum. The doctor in my sma...
JustmeinIowa | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cystic Fibrosis Community Resources