Aa
A
A
Close
Dementia Community
Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.
1 - 20 (of 98) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have results of my mom's MRI. Can anyone help breakdown the terminology? Mild diffuse atrophy nonspecific with White matter ischemic ch...
My Mum is a fit 91 year old awaiting MRI tests for short term memory loss. She is on levothyroxine and I am wondering if it is a lack of...
2 answers |
I had an Mri without contrast and it said for impression Possible small vessel ischemic disease I'm going to a neurologist now and...
I'm 15 and I have been experiencing some memory problems. I would tell myself to do something after I do something, such as printing my h...
1 answer |
Hi there, the reason for my question/post is that I have been growing more concern for my father. I am wondering if it is possible that h...
My brother had Ramsey-Hunt Syndrome about 1-1/2 years ago. He had damage to his eye, partial face paralysis and hearing loss. It is my un...
2 answers |
1236893 tn?1408490528
Reducing Your Risk for Dementia Through Diet https://youtu.be/t65F26xZUBU
My husband has frontal temporal dementia with parkinson traits. It seems to be effecting him the most with his walking. His legs just d...
1 answer |
Spouse, age 93, dx'd w/dementia 7/2014 by psychol; other med probls: chf, gout, spinal stenosis, deaf, hbp (controlled). Currently somet...
3 answers |
5887915 tn?1383382380
My mum has been diagnosed with Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) & I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this form of dementia? ...
6 answers |
My mom has dementia, some type that makes the patient very aggressive and physically abusive. She is also verbally and emotionally abus...
4 answers |
My father has dementia and he is very combative and will not receive help, we cannot give him the help he needs, what are some of my opti...
Hey, ya all! i have had a couple of health problems since 2010. the symptoms include memory loss, forgetfulness, losing my train of thou...
2 answers |
1434731 tn?1382725984
Hi all, I care for my 83 yr old grandmother who has Parkinson's. She was just finally diagnosed with dementia due to her Parkinson's....
3 answers |
My mam recently had a hip operation , since this it has came out that she has had a stoke !! Which I don't no when or why, and also a del...
1 answer |
862235 tn?1336063895
Both of my in-laws have cognitive problems. They both have vision that is impaired by glaucoma and cataracts. My father in law is much wo...
1 answer |
My mother has it(she has a type that makes people violent and aggressive) and her mother had it(don't know what type she had). I heard i...
2 answers |
9344449 tn?1403201832
How long can delirium last?
1 answer |
I took Effexor and started having night terrors almost immediately. My dr. added a sleep tablet and suggested I wasn't sleeping deeply e...
1 answer |
1636858 tn?1307461994
My Mother of 91 yrs has Dementia and rheumatoid arthritis. She no longer can talk, walk unaided, or toilet herself. She eats well bu...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dementia Community Resources