Aa
A
A
Close

Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

41 - 60 (of 1812) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I posted this question in the Neurology forum before seeing this Dysautonomia forum. I was recently diagnosed with autonomic neuropathy based on my doctors "hunch" from my symptoms, not based on any official testing. I actually didn't ...
thyquestions | Last answer
I am a 34 year old with a history of chest pain, PVCs, lightheadedness, tremors, migraines, heat/cold intolerance. I was diagnosed with POTs after I failed a tilt test. I have had practically every test done, and I just had an angiogra...
potssyndrome1 | Last answer
Hello..My 26 y.o. daughter has been going through autonomic dysfunction or neuro storms as they have also been termed. She has a diagnosis of spastic, quadreplegic cerebral palsy, profound mental retardation, chronic UTIs, seizure diso...
mandysmom26 | Last comment
I would like to know if anyone out there has taken Cardizem for POTS also what side effects if any did you have after taking it? I did not handle it well and just wondering if I was the only sensitive person out there that had a problem...
gogetter7 | Posted
I really want to make this short & sweet, but that may be difficult because I've been through so much. It's been three years.. 3 miserable, long years. I'm 25, have three young children & am a full time college student (in the elemen...
mosley89 | Last answer
I have just been through a series of testing at Cleveland Clinic to rule out MS and then with the electrophysiology cardiovascular team for a tilt test, hemodynamic and blood volume testing. My tilt test was positive (I passed out) and ...
tmacho | Last comment
I have appts at Mayo in early December and have been reading about autonomic testing. One of the tests seems real simple - the deep breathing one where you record your heart rate. I have a pulse oximeter and have done this numerous tim...
rje11 | Posted
ive had dysautonomia since i had mitral valve repair 2 years ago . My symptoms were POTS and effort induced inappropriate tachycardia and from time to time a dizzy spell that was increasing in severity somehow... anyway about 6 month ago...
charbelnjeim | Posted
Hello, I was recently diagnosed with postural orthostatic techycardia syndrome and I need to find a Dr. Who knows about this condition in my area? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Afranco82 | Posted
Hi there, My Girlfriend was diagnosed with POTS in 2012 after beeing tested in a clinic for 2 weeks. Now we feel like some of the symptomes are getting a little worse. She suffers from migrane-like headaches and circulatory issues. I ...
AdanRi | Posted
Is there a good POTS doctor in the northwest? Preferably the Spokane, WA area? Nobody I have seen knows much about it, and I have seen manu doctors.
BMcCann | Posted
5851092_tn?1404137064
So has anyone else had this. If I stand completely still. My hr gradually raises and will get to around 100-110s. And I will feel uncomfortable. This is standing completely still. Now if i start to gently walk or move around, my hr wi...
hefner33 | Last answer
Hey y'all! Question, I'm wondering if I was misdiagnosed with pots when it really should have been deconditioning. It certainly could be pots because my heart rate does increase like crazy upon standing so I'm not marking it off but I ju...
TiredMomma1988 | Posted
Did the medication help relieve your symptoms. I debating whether I should try it. My high heart rate is very uncomfortable somedays especially when I have to leave the house to run errands.
jtol946100 | Last answer
I was in hospital few weeks back because my heart was racing all the time for no apparent reason. Had abnormal ecgs it was upto 140-150. My resting heart rate particularly when standing up is 100-110. It jumped from 90-110 in the hospit...
franceisbakn | Posted
I am inquiring to see if anyone has had their wisdom teeth pulled while under the influence of POTTS disease? And if so did you go with a local or full anesthesia. Did you have fluids intravenously previous to the surgery?
cjvision | Last answer
Hi everyone. I have just been diagnosed with POTS and need to find a good doctor in Southern CA. Does anyone know of a good POTS doctor in the Los Angeles CA (Southern CA) area? Thanks in advance for any assistance! My dad had PAF and i...
rntiggergirl | Last answer
Hello! I am a 26 year old female with inappropriate sinus tachycardia (IST), displaying all symptoms. I recently had an EP study because my electrophysiologist was hoping that I had right atrial tachycardia and wanted to ablate me. The p...
CruBee44 | Last answer
492869_tn?1285022533
Last year, a member of our community started a thread called "What is your treatment? How well controlled are your symptoms?" It was quite interesting! I'd love to learn more about the current medications and/or treatments our communi...
halbashes | Last answer
Hi my name is Lynne and I live in London England. I have been suffering with Marfans Syndrom since I was a child and I have now also been diagnosed with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. I am 43 years old and lead an extremely busy life s...
whittle | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...