Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Symptoms and possible Pituitary tumor Dx

Hi
I am posting here to discuss my pending Pituitary tumor DX.  I had an MRI that showed the gland was larger than a previous scan and a funny shape.  I got a specialized MRI of the gland and am waiting on results.  I have had headaches for two weeks and a strange shooting pain at the back of my head on the left side.  Needless to say I am freaking out.  I have been told and read that most tumors in the pit gland are adenomas and are overwhelmingly benign.  I also have a funny muscle jump thing that happens as I am relaxing and trying to go to sleep in the chest, hands, shoulders and legs.  I haven't seen much on here about pit tumors.  I am still hoping the orig MRI might have been just fuzzy and that the enhanced larger view will show everything is ok, but in the face of my symptoms I am not very encouraged.  Any info or comments will be appreciated.
Thanks
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry I missed your reply days ago.  If you noticed my recent posts, I have in fact been dxed with either a Pit adenoma or cyst.  I am awaiting hormone test results.  Five years ago when I was having strange symptoms I had an MRI w/o contrast and nothing was dxed.  When the old film is now compared I have heard, oh yes the pit gland did look pretty full in the sella (bony cradle where it resides).  I must admit my symptoms were not screaming out Pit tumor, but except for the headache they aren't really now either.  I have been told the jerk/twitch etc is not form the Pit growth.  I have done extensive reading and Cortisone producing pit tumors are usually quite small if I understand it all correctly.  Extremely complicated situation.   I hope you find resolution to your concerns or even better you just "get well". Good luck and I'll post again when I get results.
Helpful - 0
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms and concerns.  I have recently been diagnosed with low cortisol levels and a low T3 (T4 normal)  These were low enough that I fell into the category of "adrenal dysfunction" (whatever that means)  My symptoms are somewhat similar to the ones you described.  Mine began with pressure in my head and ears (no real pain) but has now progressed to the muscle twitching and internal trembling.  Before the thyroid/adrnaline tests, I saw a neuro who ordered an MRI of brain - results were normal.  His dx - neck tension and anxiety.  I must admit that when I start to fear my symptoms, they become increasingly worse.  I will be interested to learn if you have a pituitary disorder or if perhaps things are just a bit out of balance and stressing about it could be causing some of the additional symptoms.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease