Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

does anyone get this?

now and again when i bend over or stand up the back left of my head throbs for a few seconds..

quite frightening just wanna know if anyone else gets this?

thankyou for reading
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, ran onto your plea to communicate with someone who has the same, or similiar, neurological disorders as you.  I do. Almost exactly.  However, I do not have access to the internet on regular basis.  Please write, or call me, at  (517) 548-6759.  I too am anxious to communicate with someone who shares such disorders.  Have been dealing with this since 1994.  Perhaps we could share helpful ideas, etc.  Sincerely, Victoria
Helpful - 0
It could also be orthostatic hypotension which means when you go from a laying or sitting position to standing the blood pressure drops temporarily.  It causes head discomfort.  It can also cause dizziness and rapid heart rate temporarily..
Helpful - 0
Not saying you have any major problem, but I had a headache that pounded when changing positions, bending over, coughing.  Had an MRI and was found to have a skull base tumor.  Don't worry too much, prob is nothing, but I would discuss the nature of the head pain with my doctor.  I have always read any change in the type of headache should be addressed. I am glad I found out what I have going on, better to know than let it go. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
I used to get that ALOT . It was my blood pressure though. Hypertension (high BP) can creep up on you and go undiagnosed for years. Has your DR. cheked for that?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease