Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

think cyst ruptured, I'd like your advice ASAP

I've had ovarian cysts before, several times, several sizes and have taken care of them all in different ways..let them be to let them go away on their own, have had them rupture and dealt with the pain for the 2 days (since they couldn't do anything at that point), had them rupture and had to have surgery because it was bigger and caused more problems, have had laproscopes (several) and I've had laporotomies because they were too big.  Here's my dilema and I'd really appreciate anyones thoughts on this As Soon As Possible.  I woke up this morning with pain and pressure, feeling like the usual, a cyst ruptured.  This problem, or should I say worry, is that I just had surgery, a laporotomy, in October for a 20cm cyst and then had another sugery in November to remove 1 foot of my small intestine as that cyst crushed my intestine and they weren't working (I couldn't eat/drink a thing).  Today my mom & my husband are very concerned and say to call my doctor because of all I just went through.  I haven't called because the pain/pressure haven't changed all day really.  They're bad, but it hasn't changed, so my thinking has been that the dr couldn't do anything and I just have to ride it out.  But now after talking to the two of them all day (hubby/mom) well they've got me a bit concerned so I thought I'd ask all of you since I really look to this site for comfort/insight/different thoughts/different ways of dealing with different situations etc.  I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  Thank you so much. I hope to hear from someone real soon!!  Thanks Again, Sandy  :)
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sandy, I'd DEFINITELY call the doc....do you have a fever?  Have you been in pain since the last surgery or is this pain new?  I think with all of the problems you have had to suffer through, and especially since the cyst was so big and affected other organs, you MUST get the doc's opinion.  I'd be just like your mom and hubby...they love you and worry too.  Please call the doc and let us know what happens.  I think my cyst may have ruptured today also, although it is considerably smaller than yours was.  I've already called the doc...you can't be too careful!  I would hate to see things get worse for you.  My prayers are with you and your family.  xoxoxo from Arizona
Helpful - 0
I really appreciate your getting back to me so soon although to be totally honest your answer is not what I wanted to hear :( but I really appreciate your concern.  No I don't have a fever, have been checking all day and I can't say I've had pain all the time since the last surgery but I have had twinges of some here and there.  This pain is different than any of that pain though.  Before I think it was my body telling me to slow down because this recovery time is way longer than I expected and I'm not one to sit around much.  I'm always doing something, ya know?  Anyway, thank you again and please let me know how you make out...what did your doctor say to you today??  Let me know and I'll keep you in my prayers also...Thanks again!!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your responding...I don't have a fever, I've been keeping track of that all day and I haven't been vomiting either.  I've had some nausea now and then but no vomiting.  The pain level or area hasn't changed and that's why I've hesitated on calling because having gone through these soooooo many times I know that if there was the fever and/or vomiting or the pain/pressure level increased then I probably would need to call.  It's crazy!!  Just having gone through those surgeries and having my mom call several times today to see how I'm doing well I thought maybe I wasn't thinking straight and I just didn't want to go through any of that right now.  I told both my husband and mom that if things didn't change tomorrow I'd call if not for anything else for them.  Although the dr will probably hate me - calling on a Sunday and then him not being able to do anything!!  HAHA!! Maybe he'll give me some pain killers or something!! That might be good!  Anyway I really appreciate your and az's responding.  That's why I look to this site because even though no one really knows anyone it feels like we know everyone, even if someone just comes in that day.  It's so nice to know there are others out there going through things similar to you and just listening to what they have done helps ease some of your pains/fears!!  Thanks Again So Much!!
Helpful - 0
Hi Sandy, I know how it is to want to hear a differnt answer...only YOU know your own body and how this pain may be different than the others.  I just think that since you only experienced twinging before and this may be worse, calling your doctor couldn't hurt.  I have had cramping today and started to bleed- the doc told me to watch out for hemorraghing (sp) and to go to the ER if the flow was too heavy (changing sanitary items 1xhour).  It looks like it was just spotting, though, so I'm not sure what that indicates.  We're both too busy to be set back with this stuff, huh?  I really hope you're getting enough rest and that either the pain ceases or you call the doc.  AND I hope that you feel comfortable with your doc's answers.  I know that several of the ER docs made me feel like I was making up the pain, especially since they couldn't find anything (when they were just testing my HEART!)  Please keep us posted...I'll be thinking of you and really hope you feel better. xoxox from Arizona
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.