Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cleveland Clinic visit update

Hi all!
Wanted to let you know my appointment at Cleveland Clinic on Thursday went very well. I HIGHLY recommend them, it was a 4 hour trip for me. The doctor told me that a TAH was too much surgery for me. He would do a laparoscopy and remove my ovaries and tubes. (recap CA-125 was 84) He also said that he does not do CA-125 on premenopausal women because the test is too unreliable. He is going to leave my uterus because there is no reason in his opinion to remove it. Can cause damage to bladder and colon. I am very happy and relieved at this news. I had a surgery scheduled for Jan 9 for a TAH, was not comfortable with the Gyno/oncol. glad I postponed. This doc had all letters, lab results and ultrasound films and reports. I feel this way is what my decision will be but would like anyone's imput on this.
THANKS!!!!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am also glad that you cancelled that surgery for a better opinion.  This news is great.  A less invasive surgery will make recovery so much faster for you!  I see why the Cleveland Clinic  has such a good reputation.
Helpful - 0
Ladies, thank you for your unending support.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.