Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To MickeyVicki

You mentioned you knew about a cancer center in Arizona. Can you tell me a bit about it? Thanks!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No, I merely responded to a question about Mayo Clinics in general.   On the other side of the Mississippi River, the only cancer center of which I know and can recommend is M D Anderson.  Those folks saved the life of a friend with a type of 'blood' cancer who was given no chance of cure by any of her regional doctors.  In my opinion, for whatever it is worth, the staff at M D Anderson not only did great work in her case, but had a good attitude towards cancer care.
Helpful - 0
Annlouise - I live in Arizona and know that there are a couple of them. The Scottsdale Healthcare-Virginia G Piper Cancer Center is located in Scottsdale. In the Tucson area there is the Arizona Cancer Center at University Medical Center. To be honest with you, I'm not very familiar with either one of them. My oncologist is not affiliated with either one, but I do know that he has referred patients to them for evaluation and treatment when necessary.

Mickeyvicki was definitely right about M D Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. They saved a friend of mine in the same type of situation. I know that if my current treatment fails, we've already decided to move back to Texas so I can go to M D Anderson.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.