Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

just checking in

hi all...just checkin in and making sure everyone here is doin ok....my mother decided she was getting my hair done for me when i go in for m surgery...so weplanned a "mommie and me night"..so she gets me,and we get to the hairdresser..i have"had"hair to the middle of my back...i originally said.im getting a few inches cut.and thinnned out alot..well i dunno what hit me,but we get there,and the lady says"may i help you/"my mom says,she is having major surgery this week,and we need to get her all prettied up..the lady says.ok sweety,what do you want....i look at this woman and say'ahhh...cut it all off"..lmao....by the time she was chopping,i end up having a whole audience watching as it was suchhhhh a drastic change..it is soooooooooooooooooooooo short now..but it looks so cute,and i look like a totally different person..plus,my thinking is,if i woud have to have chemo,and loose all my hair,with it being so short,it wouldnt be such  a slap in the face...anyway..raven how are you,and dawn,and mickey,and fancy,and toothfairy,oh gosh...how is everyone?????i love you all...i hope you are all feeling good today...sonie
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey there mickey...sometimes i think,when things are rushed,and when your scared to death,we dont think of everything,and want the problem at hand takin care of right then,and im also sure you never expected for the ramaining ovary to do this so close after the last ordeal...i hope they get you in very soon,and i pray they get all this fixed for you,and get you back as good as new..ill be praying for you ...sonie
Helpful - 0
I had an appointment scheduled for last week, but my doctor had to schedule a surgery, so mine was re-scheduled.   I am also on the cancellation list in case anyone drops their appointment. Last time, I just had the large cyst (endometrioma) removed along with that ovary and tube.  Now, it appears that my remaining ovary is betraying me, and I really expect to need surgery to get rid of this problem once and for all. I should have had all this taken care of last time, but there was so little time between my imaging/tests/consultation and my surgery, that it did not occur to me to have it all removed then.
Helpful - 0
Hi Sonie, Just a quick note to let you know I'm thinking of you, your new fashionable "do", your impending surgery, those beautiful triplets and the amazing strength you have!  I truly pray that your surgery goes well without any complications and that you have plenty of support when you get home (yikes, triplets AND twins!  I had twins and thought THAT was a lot!).  Please keep us all posted.  I hope everyone else here is also hanging in there.  I think the waiting is the worst...I'd rather just get results and get whatever needs to be done, DONE!  Good luck and God bless...xoxoxo from Arizona
Helpful - 0
hey mickey....im not sure if you posted this or not,and if you did,i must not have seen it..when do you go back to the doc and find out about your cyst?i had heard before,that once a woman has a hysterectomy,and doesnt have her ovaries out,that in within the next 5 years,a big percentage of these woman have some type of ovary problems,and end up having to have them takin out....im sure its frustrating for you,since you just went through this..ill be praying for you,and keep you in my thoughts...love sonie
Helpful - 0
hi guys..thanks for all your replies..thank you all for thinking of me the way you do..makes me sorta feel like i"belong'somewhere,ya know...the triplets start pre school tomorrow!!!!.im so excited for them,and soooo nervous for myself...anyway...the countdown is in full swing now...i been cleaning all day....did all 5 bedrooms,however,i just know ill have to do them again come wendsday night...the cleaning here never ends..lol..hope you all are doing well..im thinking about all of you...sonie
Helpful - 0
Hi soniek! Glad you checked in, your hair will grow back. New look, new life, all will be fine. Keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
Hi, Sonie.   Glad you checked in.    I can't believe that you had long hair and let someone cut it off!  I am OK, I guess.  I will be glad to get this cyst thing over with, though.  I have the feeling that it will require surgery now, and that sucks.  It means time off work, and all that mess.  It's funny; surgery I do not dread - it's all the other stuff that goes on around the house and job and trying to get all that sorted out that bothers me!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.