Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
121033 tn?1202886794

12.6cm complex cyst

Following routine pap smear with GP 17/1/06, I mentioned mass I felt after ab exercises at gym.  Sent for US next day and report says complex cystic mass maximal dimension 12.6cm with multiple septa nodular thickening and mild associated vasculaity.  Appearances suspicious for cystic neoplasm most likely arising from ovary. Saw Gyn week later and CT scan 2/2/06 showed no sign of mets or ascites. Waiting for surgery date with gyn/onc. CA125 was 108. I am 41 with 3 kids and no previous hx of gyn probs. Believe plan is for TAH and chemo if path proves ca cells present. Have been looking at this site and feel inspired by your stories. No questions, just looking to maybe keep posting and reading your posts too!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good luck in the up coming days ,and god will be with you through everything..Hopefully everything will be benign but if not ,you dont lose faith,god will give you strength  through it all..keep us updated..prayers..lou
Helpful - 0
God be with you and keep you strong and give you peace.  I am a nurse and a patient with similar circumstances.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Peace be with you in the upcoming days.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
Thanks everyone! Yes, Ravenlady, I was pleased with CT results. Certainly slept a little better that night! Still very nervous, but truly feel brighter and not so alone since finding this site. Much more optimistic than I was a week ago. Thanks again!
Helpful - 0
Hi there.  I did not spill my schpeil here because I left it on other thread already.  Thanks for  the invitation to share.  I work exclusively with seniors at a hospital based outpatient clinic for medicare patients only.  My specialty is managing anticoagulation therapy and telephone triage.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the referral.  I have posted a reply to Nina at SUBJECT: surgery for complex ovarian cyst?

These forums are great, I wish I had located it when I was pre-op.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.