Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Right Side/Pain

I just found this site yesterday. I have made comments on a couple of threads. I had a partial hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. I still have both ovaries. I only had pain on my right side, before I had surgery, but now I am having pain on both sides, the left began to hurt last week. Have any of you ladies experienced anything like this ?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey eveyone,  Do you still have pain after a hystrectomy?  I had a hystrectomy last year for endometriosis.  I still have bad pain. They left my ovaries but the doctor says they look fine.  Has anyone else had this problem?
Helpful - 0
I bet you teach an interesting class just from what I gather of you from your posts.  I am sure you keep thing interesting.  Have a good day, Mary V.
Helpful - 0
This friday  i will be five weeks post op and my whole right side of my stomach is still giving me pain and is even sore to the touch..I was suppose to have a appointment this week but the doctor who called me didnt give my surgeon the appt.or message so the appt..never got made..I had tons of scar tissue removed and it did set up alot of imflamation so raven lady is right ,that would be a question to ask your doc..Hope things get better for you...lou
Helpful - 0
Thks. Will do.
Helpful - 0
Thanks. I will be asking him what all he did or did not do during surgery. I do have a right to know and if the doesn't tell me what I need to know, I am going to get a second opinion. I keep thinking that I should have gotten a second opinion already. My family has been telling me for weeks to go to another doctor. They have seen how miserable that I have been, but I did not listen. I wanted to give my doctor another chance. Does that sound like silly ?
Helpful - 0
You are so right about the painkillers. I have been taking percocet for this pain for about 3 weeks prior to surgery. I had to go to the ER for this pain over this past weekend for this pain. I am going to see my doc on Thursday, I hope that he can tell me something other that give it time, this pain is unbearable at times. I think that I will breakdown, if he tells me there is nothing else that he can do. Thanks for commenting.

Ronda

Helpful - 0
Sorry, new at this. I had a hysterectomy, b/c I had fibroids. My doc had originally said, the he was going to take both ovaries and put me on hormones. When I woke up after surgery, my mom told me that he said that my ovaries looked fine. I have told him more than once, that I still have the same pain and he keeps telling me to give it more time, but I don't think that it should be normal to have the same pain as b/f surgery.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.