Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ultrasound results

I just returned from my doctor's appointment.  The complex cyst that I have is about 2 cm.  I have had the CA125 done and should get the results back next week.  She also did an endometrian biopsy.  She said that the cyst is either a chocolate cyst or she gave me the name of another cyst that I cannot remember.  She said that after she received the test results then we would decide the next course of action.  She said the cyst must come out because of my age (48) and that it will probably not resolve on its own.  

What should be my next course of action?  If the test results are positive should I request a oncologist to do the surgery?

This site has had some wonderful advise.  Thank you all very much.

6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Just wondering if it's adenoma, since you said you thought it started with an "a".
Helpful - 0
I thought the name of the cyst started with an a.  I should have had her repeat it.

Too much information was coming at me.
Helpful - 0
Should I have had the CA125?? Would my gyn have told me if he did that lab when he did all my hormone levels?? But why would he do that, when my u/s was after they drew blood...
I'm getting confused....He said I have a 5.1cm complex cyst with debris or also called hemorrhagic....So are those 2 different cysts or do they use the term interchangably?  I asked him if it was solid and he said no it's a cyst with stuff floating in it maybe where I bled into it. My next u/s is in 2wks and 1day and if it hasn't decreased, then we will do surgery... Are my chances for surgery high? I need to plan for this, I'm a stay at home mommy of a boy who will be 3 in 3wks and a girl who turned 4 four months ago....If momma's out of commission, the whole house will be, if I don't have enough time to plan...Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm freaking out, but alot of you say the complex cyst doesn't just go away? Thank you in advance for any comments!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
If you have to have surgery, it is pretty easy to plan ahead.  If you like to cook, cook and freeze stuff ahead of time.  Also invest in paper plates, etc. (My surgery was 12/21/05, so I had to preplan Christmas dinner!!)  See if you can line up other family members and neighbors.  Now is not the time to be afraid to ask for help.  Enlist hubby and give him a few jobs around the house too.  My dh took the week after my surgery off and it was a blessing. You will be surprised at the support you will receive.  Now that I have put the cart before the horse, hopefully you will not have to have surgery and all will be fine with you.  But if so, remember we are here for you and you can vent all you want to.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
The term is used interchangeably.  These types are generally benign but his fear is rupture if it is not getting smaller.
Helpful - 0
If cancer is suspected, then allow a gyn/onc to do the surgery.  Could it be called hemorrhagic cyst?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.