Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

post complete hyster--now pelvic endometrioma?

Hi everyone, I'm totally new to board.  Hope anyone can offer advice and support,  I am 41 and post complete hyster. long history of endo, infertality, and hormones. yuck. anyway now still pain, had vag u/s last week and told, endometrioma. anyway  dr said this is rare since i have no female nothing, anyway off hormones and blood work in 3 weeks, he said we have to shrink this mass without opening me up, he said would be a total mess, with endo on intestines, and uterers, what is going on, could this be ca, i mean he is doing the markings for such, should also maybe mention, i have history of cervical ca x 2. off hormons, i am a total mess. had a really hard time after surgical menapause to get right hormone to help me funtion. now have to be off to get accurate blood work, also dr mentioned lupron shots, is our next course probable, insurance has to approve. should also mention, was on these shots before to help with IVF, and was not a easy thing, what about ct scan,? am i being to worried and thinking to hard. and my moods are terrible, i have to function and he also put me on prometrim and i was already fatiqued, so now i'm worse, and still have to funtion, thanks everyone,
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm so sorry to hear that after all you went through and getting everything removed, you again have this sort of problem. I also had endo and went through infertility treatments for 5 years, so I know how awful that is.  I agree on Lupron - it's different though if you take it for and IVF cycle vs to put you in
(temporary) menopause to try to control endo.  I did both and the controlling endo time was definitely worse.  I wonder if the hormones you are taking caused the endo to take off again?  I am sort of in a similar quandry as you in that I may end up getting everything out and then I will be in menopause and I don't know if I will be able to deal w/ it, but I worry about taking HRT b/c of my endo history.  One thing to consider - and what I would do if I have endo that isn't taken care of by this surgery - is looking at it from the immune angle.  There are some Drs treating it more like an autoimmune disease giving immune-suppressive drugs and it seems that they are having some success w/ this.   I have wondered if that is'nt why pregnancy (ironically) can quiet endo - you go into somewhat of an immune-suppressed state in pregnancy since the baby is a "foreign body".  It seems like a more global approach may do better than trying to get it all out assuming this is what it is?  I hope you get some answers.  Best wishes.
Helpful - 0
thanks so much for such a quick response, reading back my orginal post, i could definately tell my lack of hormones were acting up.  i just can't believe still dealing with issues again. i will definately ask more question on next visit, now that im more informed and have time to check into more detail, ititial visit was shocked by his opinion, he did also say the possibility of ovarian residue, like posted, but he felt more endometrioma, but still will be happy to see oncology results say everything ok, i quess i paniac also due to my prior history of cervical ca. thanks for the support, glad i found this sight,
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome to the sight.  I am so sorry that you are going through this.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Someone with more knowledge than I will post, and hopefully give you some answers.  Just know that we are here for you.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.