Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Follow-up U/S

Hi Everyone.  Well, tomorrow is the "big" day.  I finally go for my follow-up US.  I am a little nervous, especially since I have not been feeling too good this last week or so.  I have prepared myself for the possibility of surgery, and at this point I just want it to be over, so I can get back to my "normal" self.  I wanted to ask all of you if there is anything I should ask or look out for when I have the US done?  I know the tech. isn't supposed to give me info, but I was thinking if I sound like I know what I am talking about, maybe I can get her to offer something.  Last time the US showed a complex cyst (about 3cm) and fluid in my fallopian tube, as well as severe adenomyosis in the uterus, but that is all I know.  Any tips would really be appreciated!  Thanks!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I got my tech to talk (hehehe).  I have seen her several times so we had sort of a chatty casual relationship.  I just said "so how's that cyst looking on my ovary?"  She asked what size it was at the last visit and I said 2cm, she looked puzzled and just blurted out "I don't see anything like that at all, looks like it resolved".  I have never had a tech tell me anything, I could have kissed her!  Good luck with the U/S!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Good luck tomorrow!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hope everything goes well for you, my f/u is the day after yours and I'm hoping I get the same tech....I will probably say something like "Well, let's see how big this thing is gettin'" or "Last time it was 5.1cm, how's it look now?" ...ya' know just straight-forward stuff, just to see if she'll say something...I probably won't have the results until Tues. anyway :-(
Take Care,
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Sorry, I put you as having an extra child!! I meant Fabmom4 not 5
:-) :-) :-) :-)
(((Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Well, if you include my husband, it is definitely 5 :) LOL!

Thanks everyone for the advise and kind words.  I am having my US at the gyn's office, and it is usually the same tech, so hopefully that will work to my advantage.  I will check in tomorrow and let you know how it went.

You girls are the best!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.