Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Hey VAAF

Hi Vaaf,
     What Branch of the Military?  I'd guess AF given your screen name but may have not a thing to do with that.  Mine has its roots there.  I worked ECM on combat aircraft and the Raven was our mascot and on all our patches, at least the ones before everything went cami.  I am curious as you and I are fairly close in age.  We saw a bit of history when the "non-traditional" jobs opened up in late 76.  Hope to hear from you Vaaf!  Mary V.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Looks like some of us have even MORE in common... I was a navy brat.  Moved 27 times in my 27 years of life.  Vowed to never join the serivce (sorry - very proud and thankful for the ones who do, like all three of my parents).
Helpful - 0
118225 tn?1278654940
No you dont habve to butt out, lol...the more opnions the merrier(sp?)  Anyway, we are stationed at Luke AFB my husband is active duty crew chief.  I have a youmnger dr ob/gyn who i am very happy with, just wanted to know how other people felt about military docs.  A lot of pople i know complain, but then again you always can find someone to complain about anything.  I am not sure if you aksed my age, i am 24....my DH is 27, he has been in almost 10 years, but not sure might be getting out soon to go home(las vegas).  This is my first time away from my family(parents, brother, friends) and I find it kinda hard, especially with my 2 boys(1 and 4).  Who knows where the road will lead me....it is good to chat with someone in which i have tjhings inb common..its a shame one of those things has to be pesky ovarian problems, but hey such is life.  Talk to you soon.!
Toni
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
OK, now I am butting in!  Being an Army brat (now 45 yrs old) I can tell you that I loved it when my dad was stationed in different places.  By the time I was twelve, I was a world traveler.  I've been to the top of the Tower of Pisa, I've skied in the German Alps and Italian Dolomites. Been to France, Spain, England, everywhere!  I loved my childhood.  Your kids are in for a treat! I am glad that I lived my childhood that way.  I changed schools alot, but that only made it easier for me to walk into a room of people I don't know and feel comfortable.  How many people can do that?  Enjoy the journey!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
118225 tn?1278654940
Were you in the AF?  I am an AF wife!!  Let me ask you, do u think military dr's are reliable, did u ever have to see one with womanly problems?  Since my whole ordeal started i have had times where i had questioned, but all in all was ok.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.