Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

The Battalin Weekly

Greetings my Cysters!
     It will be a busy week not only for the Gals who are having surgery as well as all those busy with pre-op!
     CindiSue is having a Lap this week to remove the ovary and both tubes.  She decided against the abalation.  I don't blame you Cindi, the mass is the primary concern.  Get that taken care of then you can weigh and decide after the cyst is out. We will miss you so hurry back to the RS my friend!
     Flour, I want to welcome you to the Forum!  RS is the Recovery Side, where you are headed.  We all work in steps here and that's your nest step.  It is natural to be frightened, I am glad you found us, we will keep you company in your week of flutterbys in the stomach!  They are bound to show up but we have some experts here at chasing them away!
     Many of the Ladies here have pre-ops this week, Micki-Vicki from Georgia, one of our sages. DebR who is a Thyroid cancer survivor with stupid cysts, they interrupt her running so they must go!  Stately SpiceGirl our CAO from Ontario Canada had her preop today, she needs to get this squared away!  There's the pageant prep to deal with.  And the rest of us thought Prom prep was stressful!  I'm thinking I would not want to deal with a daughter competing in a contest like Miss Canada, Yowsa!  Our own dear Raynbow (Desiree) from the Appalachians of East Tennessee is having her Lap for Comp Cyst Rt side and possible RSO.  Let the Batallion wish you well first as I think the March of Dimes will be our pale second Lady!  Let's all remember to wish Desiree Happy Birthday next Monday! See 2nd thread
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks Raven! ....But I gotta' keep ya' honest... real quick...My b.d. is on Wednesday, not Monday.....Monday(20th) is my pre-op, Wed. is birthday, Friday is surgery.
Luv,
Raynbow
Helpful - 0
Thanks for remembering!  I want everyone who is able to sleep in on Friday morning to please do so in my honor.  I have to be at my doctor's office so early that I will still be asleep when I walk in the door.  Ugh.  Then it's off to the Pre-Op. Ick.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Thank you Mary V, I knew that you would post with all of the surgery info!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers and I truly look forward to "hearing" from you on the Recovery Side. Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
That's quite a list!  Know that all of you will get an extra prayer from a virtual stranger.  =)   Please all of you, post when you can, we will be here waiting and wanting to know that you're all home and comfortable.  Tia~~~~
on a totally different note...I wondered how Raven knew my name (she posted directly to me a while back and I didn't think I had left my name) well...TIA also stands for "thanks in advance" and I had written that...for weeks I thought Raven was psychic!  hehehe
Helpful - 0
must be nice!!! i'll just try to wait here patiently until May/June:)
Helpful - 0
I pray that everyone has successful surgeries this week.  Godspeed ladies.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.