Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

More Ablation Information

Hi Ladies.  Some of the posts concerning problems with endo ablation after having tubal ligation got me thinking and searching.  My husband, scientist that he is, jumped on the band wagon with me yesterday and in all the research we did, found that there is reason to believe that endometrial ablation post tubal ligation CAN cause some problems, but it seems to be just with the rollerball type ablation and is not found at all yet with the hydrotherm methods.  Apparently, the roller ball and other cautery type ablations do not get all the endometrial tissue ablated, but the hot water - not the baloon method - gets up into those areas and there has been virtually no incidence of this post ablation-tubal ligation syndrome when the HTA method is used.

I also came across a great message forum for ablation that some of you might have come across yourselves, but here it is anyway.  The section on what ablation is, does and the different methods is very clear and easy to undertsand:

http://p076.ezboard.com/fendometrialablationboardfrm22

Anyway, one week post ablation and still not bleeding.  My sluggish kidneys are REALLY making up for lost time.  I have toes, fingers and ankles again!!!  Later, love, hugs and God bless, Barb
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the information. I, unfortunately, didn't have the balloon method. Wish I knew then what I know now! I am so anxious for my appointment with the doctor to ask about some of these new things we've found. I hope he's prepared for my very loooooooooooong list of questions. Thanks, Moosie, for the research! Robin
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the info.  I did not have the hot water ablation.  Also, I had my ablation and tubal done at the same time.  This is all so interesting...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.