Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Masses on Ovaries, Elevated CA-125

Hello.  I am new to this forum.  My ultrasound found a 10x8x5 mass with some solid components on my right ovary and a smaller one on the left.  My CA-125 level was 1800.  No fluid in the abdomen.  I am 38 years old.  Have any of you had similar stats and had it turn out to be benign?  Thanks. lisa
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you all for your posts.  I have an appt scheduled with a oncologist tomorrow.
Helpful - 0
Hi Lisa, I'm sorry that you're going through this.  Solid masses could also be dermoid which is made up of bone, hair, blood.  An elevated CA-125 can be from a number of problems such as infection, endo, your periods and even stress.  If your dr hasn't already you should be referred to a gyn-onc for a consultation.  If surgery is recommended you DEFINITELY want a gyn-onc doing the surgery.

Take care Lisa and let us know how you're doing.
Debbie
Helpful - 0
Thanks, Debi.  No, I have not been diagnosed before for endometriosis.  Next step is a CTScan.
Helpful - 0
Does anyone know of a person with a ca-125 level over 1800 who wasn't diagnosed with cancer?
Helpful - 0
Do you have endometriosis?  I just had solid masses on both ovaries - had both ovaries removed and one was endometriosis and one was a dermoid.  Both benign.  No abdominal fluid is a good thing.  Your CA 125 is a little worrisome being that high but a lot of things can elevate it so it is not conclusive.  Also, my doc told me that having masses on both ovaries actually made it appear less likely that it was cancer because it would be unlikely to begin on both ovaries.  What is the next step?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.