Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

humor in dealing with unknown

There are some hilarious people on this list.  (Dermoids = inner cats coughing up hairballs or mini-me's)

Let's hear some more.  I'm in the mood for laughing today, because the 18th seems so blasted far away.

I've decided my 9cm cyst is an alien.  And since our daughter is due only 2 days after my surgery, I've started comparing my delivery of my alien to her delivery of our beautiful granddaughter... That being said....

But my absolute favorite is that I love being a 39 year old woman with a medical excuse to get fat, pee on myself and fart in public.  <G>

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Cathy
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
110491 tn?1274481937
And not only does it relieve the pressure...I feel like everytime I joke about it is like a slap in the cancer's face: take this, you evil beast...I'm still alive and laughing all the way to the bank.
Helpful - 0
Isn't that funny.  I was just thinking last nite about how much humour is appreciated on this site.  I was going to ask if anyone if a movie fan.  I admit that my son, from about2yrs old and on, has made me into more of movie goer.

For fans of the Muppet show on TV a number of years ago, there is one site that my whole family gets a real chuckle out of.  If you remember Statler and Waldorf, the hecklers in the balcony, they have a website for their opions of current movies.  They do some really go send ups and I love it when they, sometimes, have Peppi(the prawn) doing on the street interviews.  If you do a search for these guys you will probably find their site.  They change it about every two weeks. Enjoy and chuckle away.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
And everyone knows that mine was my inner cat!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
110491 tn?1274481937
Suffering from IBS w/bloat for 2 years before coming down w/OvCa, I used to joke all the time about my eternal pregnancy. He became known as Louis, he was long in the making and delivered on November 23, alas, as a frozen section, how sad. Now with no reproductive organs (and currently single!) it is a miracle that I am pregnant again...especially after eating beans...

I think as long as we are aware of the seriousness of our problem - and we no doubt are - it is best to joke about it. It relieves the pressure. I told my surgeon before the surgery he can remove anything he likes except for my sense of humor, that needed to stay. He promised he wouldn't touch it and he didn't.
Helpful - 0
...awwwww.....Sweetie, good on ya!

Somehow the laughs are so much more heartfelt in these trying times eh? I love the women on here, they are a very caring, very funny, and yes, dare I say it, DEEP group....
Talk about yer female bonding!!
Cheers, Katie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
ROTFLMAO!!!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.