Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I got the OK

I am now 3 weeks Post op and back to normal!! Doc said I healed up fine and dandy!! My mom is still surprised I am back to normal this quick after having been cut opened. I feel great no pain, no pain meds except an occiasional IB-Profen.

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have had several surgeries and have a solution for the terrible gas pains.  A nurse from a major hospital in NYC told me to take Swiss Kriss. You have to get it at a health food store.  It is a laxative but only take one tablet after surgery or make a tea from the pill. Take it from me NO GAS pains anymore. I was reluctant at first, but did not want to  experience those gas pains again.  Believe me, it works.  Also anyone who gets sick after surgery ask your doctor about using a transoderm patch (used for motion sickness)  my surgeons said it  was fine.  I have used it for three surgeries and have not been sick since. I had laproscopic surgery on the 3rd and am still sore.
Helpful - 0
That is great!  I hope when I have my surgery this fall that I am on the mend as quickly as some of you all.  I am a little frightened when I see posts from Sonie.
Helpful - 0
congrats! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I just had surgery on thurs. and now that the gas pains are finally going away I feel pretty much back to normal. Still pretty tender though and I move a lot slower than usual, but I don't hurt as badly as I did before the surgery so I feel I am on the mend!...Lena
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.