Aa
A
A
A
Close

Kate04

Hi Kate

How are you?

I'm ok (ish), didn't have the best weekend though, pain got worse on Friday whilst travelling to see my sister, Saturday I felt alot better, but OMG... Sunday! I couldn't get out of bed I felt so weak and ill and the pain was horrendous then surprise, surprise, Sunday night my period started. I felt a bit better yesterday and the same today and I know everyone has said the first 2-3 periods after the op are the worst and it does get better, I really hope so because at the moment I feel the same as before the op!!

Anyway enough of me moaning, What did you do for the weekend?

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I hope you are feeling ok and your period isn't too bad. I've had surgery for quite a few things over the years and within a few weeks I've felt alot better, I was expecting the same results this time, so it's a bit of a shock it's taking so long not to mention frustrating.
Helpful - 0
Hi Kitty Kat

I managed to get to my sisters and I was glad to see her although it was a long journey, this probably contributed to me feeling unwell. But at least I made it, I haven't seen her for nearly a year as she lives the other end of the country, she had a bad car accident the day the doc found my lump and I was so unwell I couldn't visit her.

I'm feeling a bit better, I think the diet of pain killers, camomile tea and lavender heat wraps help greatly. Doc says it's not a balanced diet, I beg to differ. LOL!
I really appreciate you telling me about your situation and experiences and please don't think for one minute you're being negative, you're not, we need to know the score and share information, doc's don't tell you anything at least this way we don't feel like it all in our heads. I have come to the conclusion it's a chronic disease that we have to live with as best we can, A hysterectomy is a possible option but not a 100% solution because as you said it can still grow back. If this was a male disease they'd have found the cure a long time ago.

I'm really sorry you're having a bad week, it seems like you are going backwards and forwards to the docs with no answers. The pain I get is very similar it's in my lower back, going down to my butt then into my leg, I also get shooting pains in my groin and around into my hip. I also use to get tingling in my toes prior to the op and I was advised this was because the cysts were pressing on nerves in my back?? I've also read shoulder pain with endo is common, something about referred pain - bit like a gall bladder thing, so don't worry it's NOT in your head??  

Is it possible the endo is back on your ovary and the collapsed cyst was an endometrioma? if it's attached to the bladder this could possibly irritate the bladder wanting you to go to the loo more often. I hope you manage to get a gyne appointment pretty quick they don't seem to appreciate how much our lives are affected by this and don't worry about her handbag you have more important things to worry about, she's a doc she can probably afford a new one.

Better go and put the fish to cook for my bloke's tea. Hope you are managing to get some sleep. Catch up with you later.

xxxx

Helpful - 0
Hi Kitten,

I have been wondering how you have been and thought that you must have made it to see your sister.

How are you feeling now? I hope that you are feeling better. After my first lap I was in alot of pain for awhile and I had, had alot of adhesions/lesions removed from all over the place and it took ages to settle down. My second lap wasn't so bad because I only had a little bit of endo removed. Also you being an endo sufferer you will more than likely experience discomfort and pain before your period more so than women without endo. I hate to say this and sound negative and I'm not trying to be, and I'm talking from my personal experience with endo, it can be a disease that we are stuck with for life. Even if we were to have a hysterectomy it can still grow back. But that doesn't mean to say that we have to live in pain, we just need to find a solution to manage this horrible disease.

Sorry I have been having a bad week. My right hip and bottom have been causing pain, and I have been having pulling pain all the way down the right side of my upper and lower abdomen, and spasms in my right groin, now to top it off yesterday I started to get a tingling.spasm sensation in my right shoulder. The right side of my body is in pain.

I went to the general doctor today and she felt my lower tummy and it hurt, she said that where she was pressing was on my ovary. She then said that she thinks my problems are due to my ovary not my gut. It has been hurting when I touch there for a very long time that I actually thought that maybe it was normal. She was touching me not far from my lump thing. I had a urine sample taken on the spot and it came back clear as it always does. The poor doctor accidentally tipped my urine sample over her handbag on the ground. I felt so bad. She said it least we no that there was no infection in your urine, and that she needs a new handbag.

I'm waiting for my gyno's receptionist to call me back to make an appointement.

Do you have a bath? I have been having hot baths the past few nights and it seems to help my hip. Also when my period starts I have a hot bath as it helps to settle the excruiating endo pain.

Hang in there, I'm sure your pain will settle down, you have had a big operation.

I think I have written to much...oops.

Take care

Kitty Cat Kate xxx

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.