Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Adenomyosis

Well I got my diagnosis and he said I have Adenomyosis.. He wants to try me on BC pills for about 2 months and if that doesnt work he wants remove my uterus. Im just wondering if anyone here has any expience with this problem?? My worst symptom is my lower right back pain and right pelvic pain...Ive posted all my symptoms here before... night sweats is also a big issue..along w/ pain during my ovulation...Will the BC pills really work??? He didnt give me anything for pain... Is that normal??? I didnt ask either but that isnt something I feel comfortable asking him, should I ?? I did tell him how extreme the pain is at times...Anyways... any advise, or just knowledge on this subject would be appreciated.
Linda
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Also, forgot to mention... along with the bc pills I swore by Aleve.  Took it every 8 hours for the first 3 days of my period.  Only problem was by the end of the third day my stomach was usually upset from the Aleve.  But it really helped with pain and reduced bleeding.  Anaprox is the prescription strength of Aleve.  Or other anti-inflamatories like Ibuprofen help as well.
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much!
Helpful - 0
82818 tn?1206989814
Some Dr's suggest birth control pill for the pain. My problem is a little different since I have a liver disease. I go to a pain mgnt DR. Hope this helps a little bit.
Helpful - 0
I took bc pills for adenomyosis for a few years and they definitely helped.  My dr wouldn't let me stay on them though, as I was approaching 40 and am medicated for high blood pressure with a family history of stroke.  I ended up having my uterus removed. My dr put me on lupron for a month before the surgery to reduce the bleeding in surgery.

Helpful - 0
Linda, Mary gave you much of the information that I would offer to you.  I can add that sometimes the best treatment for this particular type of discomfort is not pain medication per se, but rather anti-inflammatory medication.    Do ask for medication from  your doctor if the pain prevents you from performing your normal daily activities!  Just don't be surprised if the prescription is not for the typical pain pill.

I would expect the BCPs to help your condition.  That you have night sweats indicates to me that you have "hormonal disfunction," most likely a  hormonal imbalance that is likely causing your problems.  

Helpful - 0
I forgot to mention, had a vag-sono done... It indicated an enlarged uterus and fluid in my cul-de-sac... Does anyone know what that would mean?? the fluid i mean??? My dr. never explained that one to me.. Is that a symptom of Adenomyosis??
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.