Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I really can't take the pain anymore I am emotionally spent ....

How have you guys delt with this pain (ovarian cysts)??? It feels like I have been crying for 6 weeks straight, nothing I do is helping and I am just at my wits end ...It just hurts so bad and I don't know what to do anymore ...I just want it to all be overwith, I am so tired and spent...How do I convey the pain I am having to a skeptical doc ??? I CAN'T PLAY THE WATCH AND WAIT GAME ANYMORE ! I honestly can't my life has been put on hold ...I can barely make it to the grocery store and back w/o tears ...it is just sooo frustrating to know that all  i am gonna hear from my doc is "wait and see how it goes " I can't do this anymore ...I can't I am in need of something...Patientence i suppose that or a major painkiller
God bless

p.s. Sorry about the Venting session, It just hurts sooo bad
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I feel your pain.  First of all you don't convince a skeptical doctor; you find one who is willing to listen, evvaluate, and treat you all the while explaining what is going on.  Ask for pain meds.  Have you tried anything?  What makes it feel better?
Tylenol 3 has helped with my cysts pain or sometimes extra strength IB/Motrin.  Other times nothing helps but taking something to make me sleep through it.  It's trial and error.  Do try to relax as I have found stressing out and tensing up only increases the pain.  You are in my prayers.  
Sandi
Helpful - 0
If you are in major pain, you need to get help, please don't suffer - go to the ER if you can. I don't know your history, but there is the possibility your cysts could have ruptured so you need to seek medical advice, they can also give you some decent pain relief to help. Please let us know what happens and good luck.
Helpful - 0
It really is just the WORST thing - PAIN!!
If the painkillers are not working then Kitten is right - go to ER and get some help. Don't suffer on your own.
I really feel for you and I think you need something to calm the pain down and let you sleep.
Good luck.
Shen
x
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome!  The ladies are right, you need to find another dr.  In the meantime, go to the ER to get some medical attention.  The cyst could have ruptured.  We know how it is to be in pain, but you need to have relief and you need a dr. that is going to listen to you and give you the care you deserve.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
I vote for the ER.  I went your route and it's definitely not worth the wait...on several levels.  If the pain has increased, something is clearly going on.  You shouldn't have to be dealing with this in the way that you are.  Please try to be proactive...start with the ER!  Good luck.
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
I'm with everyon else here, go to the ER! And when you have a bit of strength call friends, family or ask at ER for referral to a new doc. Living in such terrible pain is not acceptable. Good thoughts to you, I hope you find some relief today! Best wishes.
Helpful - 0
CombatMom -

I understand and feel your pain.  I'm in the same 'watch and wait' boat you are in and have been for 8 VERY long months.  Quality of life is suffering, I'm suffering, and I don't have energy/desire to do anything I used to do.  It's not an easy thing to put up with - no doubt.  You shouldn't have to deal with that much pain - if whatever pain meds they have given you are not working, please call and get some new ones.  I am fortunate in that I rarely feel the need for the Vicotin and generally am able to function with 800 mg of Motrin and Phenegren (for the never ending nausea) every 8 hours.  If your doctor won't give you anything - go to the ER.  

Helpful - 0
Hi Hudson -

Likely because there have been 4 functional cysts in the course of the 8 months.  Two of the four have burst, with one now remaining on each ovary.  Ironically, the one on the right is exactly the same size as a right-sided cyst back in February.  When I had surgery in the beginning of March - my GYN said there was nothing there - everything looked beautiful.  One week to the day later - I had the same symptoms/pain.  Went in for my post-op telling the GYN who said "not possible".  One month to the day later in April, I went back in and pretty much demanded another transvaginal US - what a surprise, cysts on both ovaries!  Needless to say - I'm getting a second opinion.  Unfortunately, can't get into the new doctor until July.  So - still in "hurry up and wait" mode.  I'm so tired of feeling this way, being in pain and getting the run around from both doctor's offices and insurance companies I could actually sit and cry.  But - there doesn't seem to much else I can do until I get into this new doctor.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.