Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ovaries and pain

I am 20 i have had severe pain for about a year or longer i have been to the doctor and had a ultrasound done and they found a 2cm cyst on my right ovarie, but i am in so much pain that i cant even move or get out of the bed most of the time. My husband and i have problems having sex because it hurts soo bad. It hurts when i go to the bathroom which is quiet often it feels like there is something putting pressure or something and i cry everytime i go to the bathroom and when i get my period ( which is never regular ) i feel like i really am fixing to die. I think i have hot flashes, and i have really bad headaches.I have no money and no insurance so i went to a clinic and they gave me a $40 perscription which is the same thing as midol and it dont help anything. Every time i go to the doctor she tells me  theres nothing she can do except send me to a obgyn which cost $250 or $300 i need help i need to get this pain to stop any advice for a doctor or any kind of help would be appreciated.
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i really appericate everyones help i think i will go to the er next time it gets unbearable.
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
Don't ever feel silly for going into the ER for pain. I am just like you in the sense that I would only go to the hospital if I was dying - that's what it's for! Last August, I was having such a bad pain in my bladder and refused to go to the hospital. It wasn't until my boyfriend threatened to leave that I finally went. Surprise! - I had ovarian cancer. I'm not trying to scare you, but you know your body best. Don't settle for being in pain - get yourself help now. As for the insurance thing, it breaks my heart that someone would actually have to worry about money if they were sick. I live in Canada, and it doesn't cost money to see a Doctor - I hope your able to get some help soon.
Helpful - 0
thank you so much i really appreciate it i dont really know what else to do this pain is UNBEARABLE my husband has tried to get me to go to the hospital but i always thought you only go if you really are fixing to die and i hate to take medicine but i guess i dont have a choice these stupid doctors at the free clinic wont do anything and i have to get rid of this pain.
Helpful - 0
82818 tn?1206989814
Do you have a county run hospital in your town. I know most ER can not turn you away. I feel your frustration and believe it or not I feel your pain. Like Ravenlady said go to the ER I know it's along and miserable wait when you're in pain. I hope thing work out for you.

Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome.  Definitely go to the ER.  As you may not be aware 99% of ovarian cysts are benign, this doesn't mean that you are to ignore your symptoms.  You must get answers.  Please seek medical attention.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Welcome JoAnne to the best group of Women I know!  The Batallion!  The ER Route is the route of choice for you without the insurance and there are many here in the same boat so don't feel like the lone Stranger Girl!  I will make certain you hear from them JoAnne!  You should not have the pain and suffering you have endured!  Post whatever question you are wondering about and one of the Cysters will be along who has experienced the same dang thing!  Welcome to the Forum JoAnee, you are a Cyster of the Batallion!  Hang Tough Lady!  MV
Helpful - 0
another ARKIE with issues with medical care for uninsured welcome
I just drove all the way to St.Louis the Dr.s there were SO much cheaper try texas or oklahoma any where but here I think they all get together in little rock once a year and decide prices for instance in my case I needed tvus here it's 350.00 plus 200.00 for consultation up there it was 150.00 plus 85.00 for consultation got me in in 3 days instead of 3 weeks go figure I feel your pain and if's that bad DEFINATELY go to ER also I've refrained from sex with husband for 3 months and it will probably be another 2 after surgery hope yours is as patient and understanding as mine.
Helpful - 0
Please go to the er as they can not turn you away for not having insurance, and they can put you on a payment plan.  You should not have to be in such pain, and I think the er doctors will be able to help you.  I will be praying for you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
i have to agree with the ladies here..also at the er,they can do either a ct,or a ultra sound,and have the results within a hour or so,as opposed to going to the doc,waiting to have it ordered,waiting to have it done,then another wait to get back into the doc and get the results..with the er,you will get the results right then,be able to get some sort of pain relief,and a refferal for the type of doc you need...hope this helps you...sonie
Helpful - 0
I live in Arkansas which is close to Texarkana Texas
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.