Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Just worried about the banning of knowledgable information.

I am new to this forum, and yes I have
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am sorry you are going through so much behind adhesions ..I too am going through the exact same thing ...I am curious about what your Dr.explained to you about the process and what may possibly happen during the surgery and the disection of the adhesions ?My Dr. has put quite a scare into me .Because I had massive amounts of ahesions from previous surg's and the lrg size mass(on the right ovary) plus the fact my left over (with a multi chambered complex cyst) is now attached to my bowel because af the adhesions..I will need 3 different surgeons in the operating room...and my Doc   selected a hospital with a good intensive care unit( because of likely bowel perforation ).It's all quite upsetting for me ...and..I'm sure you as well .I was also told a hysterectomy will be performed and I need to make decisions on how to handle hormone replacement.As I am only 48. Can I also ask you..are you experiencing pain ? My pain is growing and I now have cramps and discomfort all the way up to my rib cage ..curios if this is normal? I feel like I am carrying aa 20lb deseased rock in my tummy and even walking fast  hurts..Is all this the same for you ? I would like very much to stay in touch with you if that's ok with you ? Would be nice to have someone to talk too that's in the exact same boat ..
Thanks Missy
Lex
Helpful - 0
The two forums are completely different.  One is moderated, and that does change the whole flavor and tone of the forum itself.  Look at the other moderated forums.

The unmoderated forums tend to be looser and friendlier.  And, the purpose of this forum (loosely speaking) is for ovarian cancer information/related subjects.  The purpose of that forum (strictly) is alternatives to hysterectomy.

They can certainly both coexist in peace.  Two different forums, two different subject matters.
Helpful - 0
Yes, it is www.medhelp.org go to forums and look for the hyterectomy forum. Let me know if you find it.
Helpful - 0
Found it.  Thanks!
Helpful - 0
Great post. I think you have expressed what many here seem to feel. I've been lurking on both forums and you summed things up beautifully.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
I can't find that infamous forum?  Could you tell me where to find it?
Helpful - 0
Just curious, who moderates the hysterectomy site/ alternative hysterectomy site? Is it a nurse or some other medical person? I've noticed on other forums, it usually says RN or MD after the person's name. Over there, it seems vague.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
I think if you are looking for true patient to patient support, you are at the right forum.  The women here (as stressed many times before)are from varying backrounds, but we all have done our best to inform and support each other.  This forum has helped many women in MANY different ways, whether they have OC or are fearful of being diagnosed, or for many, have learned that they are "safe", for now anyway.  Most of us here do not approach this forum "loosely", and it is very unfortunate that what has been developed here is being jeopordized, and sadder still, is that a select few have been allowed to come here and cast doubt and cause trouble.  I know that SOME forums do not allow negative threads to be posted that might question their credentials or opinions.  What a crying shame that this one still does.

My suggestion to all of the true cysters here is to not involve yourself with such negativity anymore.  Do you see how so much time is being wasted that could be spent in a much more productive way.  If we are truly here to help each other, let's not get distracted with "strictly" fruitless efforts.  Besides, you know where to go if you need to BMWC (I think)....
Helpful - 0
I'm new here, but have lurked awhile, and I am impressed at the level of compassion and support the women give each other. I've visited other forums and this one really is special. Lots of good information and a real warmth. From what I have seen, I have never noticed any personal attacks. The group seems to be tightly knit and sincere.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
That is exactly my point they definitely should and do coincide with each other. I am a person who has ovarian masses on my ovary. It could possibly be cancerous. But my doc cannot get to it because of massive lesions and scare tissue. They have tried to remove it by laparoscopic surgery. But because of the damage they could not get to my ovary to biopsy it. They had to terminate the surgery because of heavy bleeding. I am now being faced with a Hysterectomy. I have been to both sites, considering my circumstances I sure you understand why, and the information I received from both sites has been very valuable in my research to find out what is the accurate choice for myself.  I am just hoping this will continue to be available to other newcomers like myself. Knowledge is power, the more knowledge I gain, the better equipped I am to handle very tough but necessary decision. And I have certainly gained useful information from both sites. As I am sure others in my situation would to.  These are strictly my own thoughts and opinions. As well as the others I have posted earlier. Thank you all for your time.

P.S. all of this has occurred to me within a week so I am still searching for answers and opinions.
Helpful - 0
Continued>>>>>>

I really thought about not returning to the site, but I have gained and still pursuing so much needed information. After considering both circumstances I feel I have fond the right place for myself. I do not want women who are searching for answers, encouragement, and hope to become discouraged from joining this informative site. Please, I encourage you to not prohibit people who have incomparable experience. Because all people
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.