Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
136956 tn?1688675680

stopping ovulation

Okay not sure what i am supposed to feel.  My doctor has put me on BC pills for a month, to stop ovulation.  Than in June i retest my US and ca-125 to see if its still elevated and see if the cysts are still there.  This damn gyno wont preform a lap on me to rule out endo eventhough i am textbook, she wants to dilly dally.  I am not even sure if she is capable of duing the surgery by the comments she has made. For example: she wants to wait to see if the birth control works?? in what way??? I have two cyst one in my ovary and one on my kidney.  I am symptomatic and she wants to wait.  Plus my ca-125 was 78.  What is supposed to happen exactly on the pill?? doesnt it take a while for the pill to take its full effect?  Should i get a 4th opinion?  Man i feel like i should just leave it and not worry and forget about all of this..
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Girl, you know what I am going to say, dump the dr. and get another!  You know your body, we do not make these things up.  Geez, if we could avoid sx, we would.  Pain should not be an option.  This needs to be taken care of by someone who can do the sx.  Keep looking.  I am here for you.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I am sorry you are having such a hard time getting the doctor to listen.  I do not blame you for wanting to get everything taken care of.  When I say the gyn/onc he wanted me to start taking the Lupron shots, but I knew (call it gut instinct ??) it was not the thing for me.  I went back to my regular gyn and told her what was going on.  I finally got her to listen to me and she took my us films to another doctor to look at and he agreed with me.  She finally agreed to do the laparotomy and take out the 9cm cyst and my last ovary.  It turns out that the Lupron shots would not have done any good except costing me a lot of money (550.00 for the first shot!!  YIKES).  If you do not think that she is qualified to do the surgery, please get a 4th, 5ht , 6th opinion.  What ever it takes, however many doctors it takes.  You know that we are here for you.  Love ya girl, Kasie
Helpful - 0
I played the wait and see game too.  I was "textbook" endo.  They found nothing whe i finally had my lap done. The cysts dissolved and the only answer to my comtinuing pain is microscopic endo or cyclic changes.  Good luck and keep patience.
Helpful - 0
136956 tn?1688675680
Is this dumb of me??? i just want to know for sure if I have endo or not.  I have been ill for 12 yrs and i need to close this chapter if it isnt endo. If it is makes my life different.
Helpful - 0
136956 tn?1688675680
ty
Helpful - 0
136956 tn?1688675680
I am not rushing this has been going on since Jan.  I had my first US showing a 10cm cyst than another 3 months later showing 2 cysts 5.6cm and 3.5cm or something like that and had my ca-125 done and it was elevated.  Got a CT scan and redid the ca125 and it was higher.  The cysts may be shrinking.  My thing is why would you put someone on meds if you are not even sure what is going on.. To me its a bit premature.
Helpful - 0
Dont worry so much.An extreame cause of action will be to rush you into sergery,in other words they must feel that its not serious enough to put the knife to ya!I mean sometimes sergery itnt always the best out.
The BC pill from what I have heard will sometimes shrink the cyst.If it dont and it cintenue to grow or give you worse problems then they will view other options.
I am not really sure about the ca-125 but someone else will be along soon

My prayers are with you okay
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.