Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Follow Ultrasound Results: Cyst Shrunk, Plus New 'Kid' in Town

Hi All,

Well, the 3 cm complex cyst shrunk to 1 cm in a months time, but it looks like his cousin, a new 2.2 cm cyst (from Kansas, maybe?) has come to visit. So now I have a total of 3 cysts: a nearly 1 cm cyst of the right ovary, a 1 cm on the left and a 2.2 cm on the left. OB-Gyn wants to monitor and has orders for me to have another US in 3 months (I'll most likely go in early at 2 months, because that's how I am).

So she's pretty sure these are all benign even though we all realize we can't really know for sure without a biopsy. Do you think I should contact a Gyn-Onc at this point for a second opinion, or would that be overdoing it? I have read that cancerous cyst don't generally resolve. Is it OK to wait 2 months to check again?

Also, do all these cysts mean I have PCOS? I have been experiencing hormone-like problems: fatigue, weight gain, night sweats for some time and wonder if this is related.

Any advice?

Thanks!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your replies.

I am 45, not menopausal (according to the GYN).
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
True, but a 2nd opinion from a gyn/onc is a good idea.  Try to remember that 99% of ovarian cysts  are benign, but don't ignore your symptoms.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0

First of all, how old are you? If you're pre-menopausal, cysts are much more likely to be harmless. My two daughters and I have all three had cysts shrink and grow, come and go. It wasn't until I developed one AFTER menopause that my doctor expressed overt concern, and even that one turned out to be benign. So, stay vigilant, but don't go into a panic just yet.
Helpful - 0
If I was in your spot, and I'm not, because of my need to control things, I think I'd want the opinion of a gyn/oncologist .....the sooner for me the better....but, that's just me!  Hope you get your answers sooner rather than later!
Peace
dian
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.