Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydrosalpinx found yesterday...Any insights Greatly Appreciated...

Good Day Everyone! :) Yesterday I got in to see the ONLY Sacramento area OB-Gyn who could get me in immediately. He also happens to have a three dimensional transvaginal ultrasound machine in his office. He saw the condition of my only remaining fallopian tube~ Hydrosalpinx (fallopian tube inflated with fluid-says from my endometriosis). THEN he laughed at the irony and yanked out my IUD. Of course he told me what he'd done right AFTERWARD. Now this doctor is 66, and seems to be of the "get-it-all-outta-there" mindset. And I KNOW he's probably right, BUT if I do have ONE Good ovary, shouldn't I try to keep it? PLEASE give any insights you may have. What about HRT? I'm only 44 and have had a very youthful feeling 40's decade so far, with NO signs of perimenopause setting in. This is a huge adjustment for me. Also EVERY time I'm examined, I get a DIFFERENT story about what is seen. This doctor says he can't see the left ovary at all because it's occluded by the damaged fallopian tube, and guessed that this tube is what had previously been seen in traditional ultrasound and dubbed a complex cyst. Apparently no one will have a difinitive answer about what's going on until they get a good old-fashioned wide open look inside. (Surgery June 30th) As you can imagine, I'm in a mountain of pain. Wanna hear a joke? I'm still thinking of driving the 78 miles to my ER nurse job near my mom's place to work for 3 nights. I'm kidding myself, aren't I? Thanks for listening and please add in any input that comes to mind. I TRULY do appreciate your time and wisdom. Fondly, Suz
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi again, I didn't even know 3-D U/S machines existed. Glad you were able to get in so fast so he could "take a look". Keep us posted.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
The drs. found that i had bilateral hsp last year by accident doing a D&C and tubal ligation.  because of large ovarian cysts had ovary/tube removal on one side this year and had to reopen the other side as hsp reoccurred.  
are you having excessive bleeding from the hsp?  that was the scenario in my case.  opening the tube with the ligation helped until cysts showed up.  now having other issues.  
but if you are unsure about what the drs. are "seeing" ask to have a HSG done - it will definitely determine hsp.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome.  I am scheduled for a TVH 6/27.  I had my left ovary and 90% of my right ovary removed 12/21/05 due to very large dermoids.  My dr. is going to leave me the 10% ovary because it is functioning just fine.  I hope this info helps.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi BeenthereDT ..
I have a HSP as well that was left behind many moons ago and was fairly quiet for years ..
Now I have on my Right ovary above the HSP a large symple cyst and another mass from the tube  joining the ovary to it..also have a large complex cyst on left but tube under was removed back when the HSP was dicovered because my bowel was comprimesed making the tube attach itself to the bowel while recovering and then went back in and disected it off and then removed it..I guess it was more important to them at the time then the HSP .I have to wonder though ..if the HSP  had been removed back then would I be having such problems now on that side.
It will not be known untill my surgery which is July 12th what the mass is and what actually happened on that side.
So I guess I'm not offering any advice ..but maybe just a point of view and possibly a question you may ask your Doc next time you see him.
Like.... Is it possible I can have future problems if it is left?
As for you good ovary ..Well I am hoping when i have my final meeting before surgery with my docs ..we can agree that if it is at all possible to keep all if not some of the my left ovary ...pending there is no eriee findings with that complex cyst ..because i like you am not in any hurry to jump right in the center of the menopause pool.
I hope it's possible for you and all will be well ..
Everyones situation is different but I wish you ...
Much luck love and peace ..
Hugs ..Lex
Helpful - 0
Sorry to tag on here,
Quickly, just running out the door, there is a wonderful doctor in your area, I can't remember the spelling of his name, Pedal or Pettle, try and find him...I write you again later. He is not a quack...
Katie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.