Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
129311 tn?1266346822

WHAT IS GOING ON???

HELLO LADIES, IM BACK AND REALLY FRUSTERATED! I WENT TO THE DR LAST THURSDAY B/C I AM STILL HAVING LOWER LEFT PELVIC PAIN. I HAD CYSTS EARLIER THIS YEAR THAT HAD RESOLVED AND AS OF MY LAST US/TVUS I HAVE NO CYSTS. I DONT HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF ENDO, AND MY DOC SAID THE COULD DO A DIAGNOSTIC LAP TO LOOK AROUND.   WHAT ELSE COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE? ITS NOT AGONIZING PAIN, JUST ANNOYING AND WORRISOME AS I ALSO HAVE A MAJOR PANIC DISORDER! THE PAIN ISNT ALWAYS THERE, USUALLY ABOUT 3 DAYS A WEEK ON AND OFF. I HAVE BEEN CONTINUOUSLY ON THE PATCH FOR ABOUT 2 MOS NOW. ANY IDEAS OR ADVICE, THIS SUCKS!
(BY THE WAY 32 YRS OLD, NO KIDS)
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes..if only that were the answer--but I am glad you had one done before moving onto bigger things.  Good lunck--keep us posted!
Helpful - 0
They do inflate you with gas... that part did kinda suck. But, I started taking gas-x right after surgery, and only had one instance of the shoulder pain that the gas can cause.
The whole point of endo is that you have uterine tissue where it shouldn't be. When you have your period, it bleeds and sloughs just the same as the uterine tissue, and since the blood and tissue have nowhere to go (like out the vagina) the body reacts just like any other internal bleeding, etc, and creates inflammation to help stop the bleeding, and then scar tissue over the area to keep it from bleeding again (or so the body thinks). That's where adhesions come from. It's the adhesions that usually cause the pain, not the endo itself. Apparently the severity is caused by how much your body reacts to what it perceives as foreign matter.
My endo was from the cyst, and in barely 6 months, it had adhesed my right ovary to the uterine wall. They removed the adhesions and covered the ovary with some sort of mesh that's supposed to help prevent adhesions.
As for symptoms, my worst were having to pee every 15 minutes since the ovary was not in the right space (it was leaning towards the bladder.. it can go the other way and push on the bowels, too), and a constant, generalized ache in the right side, and backache on that side as well.
The treatment for endo is to clean it out, and then go on birth control, but not take placebos... so you don't have a period and the endo tissue doesn't bleed.
I'm on Depo-Provera (and am unfortunately having a period right now while my body adjusts...dang it), but I was also offered oral pills and an icky drug called Lupron (it simulates menopause).
Hope this helps!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
It's also possible that the cyst could be 'hiding' and actually still be there. They told me that depending on which way the ovary is facing and where the cyst is that it can actually be hiding and not seen on TVUS.
Keep insisting they do TVUS and check...
It could also actually be endo... I didn't have any endo-type symtoms except the mild, aggravating pain in the side and back, and it was because my cyst was endometrial and had only partially ruptured, so it was still seen on TVUS.
I had no symptoms related to endo at all... they expected to find a dermoid during my laproscopy, and found endo instead.
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
129311 tn?1266346822
WHAT DO THEY DO FOR ENDO? MY DR SAID THAT IF THEY WENT IN AND FOUND ENDO AND WERE ABLE TO REMOVE, THAT WOULDNT NECESSARILY TAKE CARE OF THE PAINS.  EVEN THOUGH I AM ON BC I CAN STILL GET A CYST? WHAT OTHER TREATMENT FOR ENDO, MY DR SAID IT IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS CYSTS, BC. THANKS !
Helpful - 0
129311 tn?1266346822
I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING HAVING THE DIAGNOSTIC LAP TO SEE IF I HAVE ENDO. MY DR SAID TO CALL HER IF I DECIDED AND SHE COULD SEE ME IN A COUPLE WEEKS. THE THOUGHT OF IT MAKES ME WANT TO PEE MY PANTS. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IT IS LIKE AND IF IT RELIEVED THERE SYMPTOMS? I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL OTHER THAN TO BE BORN!
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I had my first lap in 2001 for endo. I had severe endo between my uterus and bladder. It was very painful to use the restroom while menstrating. I couldn't walk straight up. I walked half bent over. But my doctors told me everyone is different. There are women who can have severe endo and have absolutely no symptoms and then some women with just a little endo and severe symptoms.

As for the lap (key hole) surgery. The make three incisions. Left and right lower side and in the belly button. I can't remember what they used for lap in 2001, but my last one in April (for scar tissue from c-sections) I think it was just glue and bandaids. You will be extremely sore and tender the first few days with a gassy feeling. I think someone on here once said the took gas x before surgery and it helped with the gassiness after. This is from the gas they use to inflate your stomach.
Helpful - 0
129311 tn?1266346822
I DONT THINK I HAVE ANOTHER CYST. WHEN I HAD MY LAST TVUS A COUPLE WEEKS BACK, I WAS HAVING THIS SAME PAIN AND THERE WAS NO CYST TO BE FOUND, EVERYTHING LOOKED NORMAL.  ITS JUST ODD BECAUSE I FEEL THE SAME NOW AS I DID BACK IN DECEMEBER WHEN I FIRST WAS DX WITH CYST. OH WELL....THANKS FOR YOU REPLY!
Helpful - 0
129311 tn?1266346822
thank you so much for your feed back. so maybe i have the endo or adhesions from the cyst, even though the cyst seems to be gone? i keep hoping it will eventually go away on its own, but it doesnt sound like it will?  she they did your surgery was it all in one shot, during the lap? i have the achey left back and pelvic pain, drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
this may sound stupid, but have you had a general lab work up done lately?? and a urinalisis? I had a severe UTI w/ similar symptoms and at first it was not detected, when i started peeing blood is when they did a UA...just a thought.
Helpful - 0
I agree with everyone.  But as miamigirl said, they should have done a urinalysis long ago.  It is very simple and inexpensive.
Helpful - 0
129311 tn?1266346822
hi ladies, yes i did have the urinalysis and it was negative, damn i wish it would have been that easy! so i guess my optiions are to suffer or go for the lap? blah...
Helpful - 0
Sunny, I am sorry that you are going through all of this.  Is it possible that you have another cyst?  When was your last vus?  I too am having bad back pain and abdominal cramps after having my last ovary removed in April.  We are thinking possible ORS so I am seeing my gyn today.  I hope you find out something soon.  In the meantime, we are here for you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.