Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hip/leg pain........so many questions

I was diagnosed in Feb with a cyst on my right ovary.  Since, it has burst or we believe that is what happened and I now have a 3.2cm with a 2.0 center mass(unknown)on my left ovary. Lap surgery is June 23rd and my left ovary will be removed.  Dr and is not worried about cancer-I AM.  Recently I have been having pain in my left hip and upper thigh, sometimes moving around to my butt. Is this normal with cysts? Has anyone else had this.  The pain is not a constant-it may disappear for a day or two, but the past week has been persistant making sleep impossible so the Dr gave me a rx for the pain to hold me over til surgery.  I'll be honest, I'm scared, it seems I never feel "good" like I used to anymore and I can't remember ever being so tired. I'm so moody that I get on my own nerves-lol........Any advice would be more than welcome-Thanks
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome!  I know how you feel, I have had the same pains.  These are all associated with ovarian cysts.  Just try to remember that 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  This doesn't mean you should ignore your symptoms.  I am glad that you are seeking medical attention.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi there, I had a benign cyst removed with tube and ovary in march and I had terrible leg, back, hip, buttocks pain before my surgery. I think this is very common with ovarian cysts. Try not to worry too much. If your doctor is confident things look ok, I would be too!

Linda J
Helpful - 0
I had the same type of pain, sometimes not there, sometimes incredibly uncomfortable and sometimes just an ache. You did say that you had a cyst that may have burst...
Mine was because I had a partial rupture of an endometrial cyst, and had adhesions forming.
Helpful - 0
I have also had that same deep buttock pain with it going down the outside of my thigh and sometimes the outside of my calf.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.