Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Removal of ovarian cysts

I am 54 and post menopausal.  My gynologist when finding a cyst with a septum via ultra sound sent me to an oncology gynocologist to remove the cyst.  Because there were no glaring reasons to remove it right away we watched it from 2/06-6/06. When it did not go away on its own surgery was scheduled.  Needless to say I was very nervous about this.

I am happy to report that the lime size cyst which was adhering to my colon(this waw a surprise) was removed yesterday along with  both ovaries and falopian tubes.  It was benign.
Today I am walking around with little pain and writing this forum.

I visited this forum many times throughout the last months and want to say thank you for the positive climate and support women offer each other.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for that Linda! I didn't know they could bag them!

I have no worries about abs - they are hardly flat anyway!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi!

Congratulations!!And do take it easy and allow yourself to be looked after if at all possible!

I would be interested for some information. I am 57 and with my gynonc I have been tracking a simple cyst now since may 05. Recently it increased in size to 5.7cm (before it was alwasy less than 5), but still 'no worrying features'. However, I am back again in October for further checks. Unless it's shrunk or gone away by then I suspect I will be offered/adviced to have it removed, which by now I probably would agree to - it's gone on for too long and I am getting fed up with it.

Can you tell me, as I am interested and would like to know: what size was your cyst? I assume it was a lap. How many cuts? How big? I would be really interested to know. I am wondering , for instance, how they would get a 5.7cm cyst out through, say, a 1 inch cut. Or would they have to mae a bigger cut? I have had a lap before many years ago, and that/s the size of the scar, but it was for very different reasons.

Helpful - 0
Wonderful news!!  Now is the time to take it easy and let your body heal.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Great news! Take it easy and get plenty of rest!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I think what they do is bag the cyst then they can pulverize it in the bag to pull it through a lap incision. As long as the cyst is bagged, it can come out with no spillage still go through path.  I've had no problems recovering from my laparoscopy, save for a small bit of bloating that's frustrating the hell out of me since I worked darn hard to get my flat abs, had 2 hours of surgery and *POOF*. This too shall pass.

I would say there is soreness for maybe 2-3 days then you feel normal. I have the occasional twinge and did have some crampiness the first time we resumed sexual relations. A change of position cured that.

L.
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
koch...
Congratulations on your good news!  Good luck with your recovery...please don't rush it.  
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.