Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A couple of questions

What is the BRCA 1 and 2 tests?  I go in for another evaluation tomorrow morning (most likely a pre-op)...for those of you that have had the surgary to remove ovarian cysts..how should I prepare (physically) for the surgary?  Any suggestions... i.e what to eat/not eat the day before... any advice is appreciated.  Also, have any of you had any luck with using birth control has a measure of prevention?  I have never used it but I hear that is a good way to help with the prevention of cysts.  Thanks again :)
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
140437 tn?1215109742
BRAC 1 and 2 test for a heredatry gene mutation that causes OC. The day before going to hospital eat every damn thing you fancy because you will have 2 days of eating nothing then another few days of eating hospital rubbish (shudders at the memory). Forgot the other question brb

Anna x
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
Birth control stops ovulation and thus functional cysts, Has to be the combined pill though because the mini pill doesnt stop ovulation. Conversely my radiologist thinks the pill I was on caused my cyst.

Anna x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.