Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Post Sugery Update

I just received my byopsy results from the doctor.  I had a rare "low maligent potential tumor".  Has anyone heard of this?  I have a 1 to 2 % chance of it coming back.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was diagnosed with granulosa cell tumour 16 years ago and it destroyed my left ovary.

This time the tumour came from the old scar and was stuck to the bladder.  The mass was contained.  All the biopsies came back clear.

Helpful - 0
I had the same prognosis, but somewhat different circumstances.  There is a lot of good info by Dr. Goodman on borderline tumors.  Mine was muconous cystadenoma with borderline features.  Once you know more details about the type of tumor it is, definitely post here.  I'll try to check back now and then to get in on the convo about borderline tumors.  Take care, and I'm glad the prognosis was so good.
Helpful - 0
According to the doctor and what I can find out, this is like precancerous mass that has a possibility of reoccuring even though I had a complete hyst.  It could return to the abdominal cavity.  This one was as large as a grapefruit and encompassed the entire left ovary.
Helpful - 0

That is a good prognosis.  Like grateful my question to you is did the doctor specify the tumour type?  And yes please keep us updated.

Good luck and look forward to your answer.
Helpful - 0
Do you have more details, is it serous, or muconous?  We've been talking about borderline or LMP tumors the past few days if you look down through the posts, and check out the Ovarian Answers forum linked to this site.  Let us know what you know.  You are lucky to have borderline, it could be worse, but we are all trying to get a handle on what it means.  Take care and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.