Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bloating/Fullness w/ ruptured cyst?

Hi Ladies,
fast history, in feb. i had laperotomy to remove 2 endo cysts and 1/3 of left ovary. Two wks ago i went in for pain and found i had a cyst on the rt. ovary. Yesterday went in for more pain and found the cyst ruptured and i had fluid in my abdoman. Was given tylanol 3 and told to call this afternoon to report how im feeling. During u/s they also found 5 more cysts on that same ovary (all around 2 cm or less).

My ? is, is it normal to have bloating/fullness and feeling of having to have a BM (but not being able to)?
And WHY and i having all these cysts?
Any ideas on how long they will let me try to "absorb" the fluid before they make me have surgery? Doc said that if i didn't absorb/or if pain didn't go away, i would need surgery AGAIN....im at my wits end and ready to cry.

Any advice is greatly apprecieated!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there, I have had 2 cysts rupture and it takes at least 48 hours for that fluid to reabsorb. In the meantime it is very painful. I'd hang in there and see if you don't feel better by tomorrow.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Thanks linda! Bad news is that i have had this pain since Monday, so the doc. felt that i should be feeling much better by today which i am not and i now have this full/swollen belly which i did not have yesterday.

Is it possible more fluid is there then yesterday? i know it popped and is not leaking, so im not sure if that can happen?
Helpful - 0
Hi again, when my cysts ruptured I had the swollen belling for 2-3 days. That fluid inside irritates the peritoneum and causes the pain and swelling.

I guess I am confused as to why your doc said more surgery if you didn't feel better? Surgery to drain the fluid? How large was your cyst? I had a 12cm. one burst and it was miserable. The doctor told me it likely held as much as 12oz. of fluid. yikes...a can of soda!

Here's to hoping you are better by tomorrow.

Linda J

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.