Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Just wondering how long i should wait to get pregnant?

Ok i just had my left ovary removed on june 5th and i want to get prgnant when i see my husband since due to this i had to stay behind til september and when i do see him i do want to takecare of myself but i want children im 24 and i have 2 months of post op can anyone give me advice?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you are 2 months post op you should be ok to start trying. Like my ob told me ( I am pregnant and had a laporotomy) your insides will heal even though your stomach is growing.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
yes i have a nurse but shes in virginia im in california i was medivac from italy to the US for an emrgency and i have not had a follow up until I go back to italy my Doctors are there the first ones and once im there they'll chk me but i want to get pregnant in about 6 months do you think is ok in six months?
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
Have you had your follow up appointment yet? These are all issues you need to discuss with the gyn nurse - or who ever it is you see! There is no reason why you should be sterile if you have only had 1 ovary removed but you need to heal properly before you even think about getting pregnant

Anna x
Helpful - 0
what im more scared of is that my inside stiching is still very weak and i dont want any complications with the incision and then i have to comeback to the staes but i want to know what sign i can see if im able to get pregnant cause i always fear of being sterile.
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
Yes I am in the same boat and it is generally concidered to be safe to start trying at about 3 months.

Anna x

Be sure your doing this through panic (I am talking to me too there hun)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.