Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

fao danegirl

great news that you have a date.  i am counting down until next wednesday when hopefully i will have mine.  i just want to get things organised.  i have my sons birthday in sept which is also when hes going away on a school trip.  i dread to think what my husband would pack for him if im laid up in hospital.

anyway keep in touch by the way how big is you dermoid??( i have to know these things it makes me feel better if i know other people have these aliens the same size as mine)

jane
shopaholic uk
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Jane,

My dermoid is 4.2x3.1x3.5 cm.  It grew 0.5 cm in one month, so it is hard to say how big it will be when I finally get it removed.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for your appointment on Wednesday.  Hopefully you'll get a date that is not too far out!

How big is your dermoid?

I completely understand about wanting to pack for your son.  How old is he?

I don't have any kids - only a husband & two dogs....but who knows what the future holds for us? Maybe kids...not sure yet.

Dana
Alberta, Canada
Helpful - 0
Hi Dana

My dermoid is 17.5 cm in (from hip bone to hip bone) and from my
pubic bone to rib cage (unknown length) so fairly big???  How did i not notice this you ask !!!   well i gave up smoking several years ago and have stuggled with the extra weight (21 pounds) since then although i was losing it it wasnt going from my tummy.  So i have a friend who is a personal trainer who gave me some tips but i was getting hip pain so he advised me to get it checked out.  the doc sent me for a x ray where they discovered teeth !!! So everything went from there.

my son is nine years old and is my world (and his dad of course)
(well most of the time ) he is so looking forward to me going to hospital as his dad as told him they will have to eat out every night  mcdonalds pizza hut  kft  Show how much they will miss my cooking.

take care
jane
cardiff Wales
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.