Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Has anyone had Endometrium Abilation done?? ( sp?)

Hello All and thank you once again for everyones help!  You ladies ROCK!  I am having Endometrium Abilation done in about 2 weeks.  Has anyone had this done? Just wondering how it felt or how it was and did it help with your bleeding problems?  for the last 3 months I have been getting my Aunt Flow ( period ) every 10 days, Y I K E S... so they are doing this to help me out... lets cross our fingers and see if it helps.

All comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated too:)

Char
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had an endometral ablation (Novasure)1 1/2 yrs ago and have not had any bleeding whatsoever since surgery.  I had mild cramps when it was that time of the month that would last a day or two but no cramps at all for probably 6 months or more now.  

I was told I would need to be off work for a week or two but I could have returned earlier.  My only problem was an extreme bloated feeling but no pain at all.  

Good luck with your procedure.  I hope everything works out for you :-).  Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also gained quite a few pounds while I was at home.  I thought I was eating less but I guess the inactivity (I'm very active at work)took its toll so watch out for that!!
Helpful - 0
OMG, thank you guys so much...  I am so willing at this point to do ANYTHING to get rid of this pain.  My body gets use to pain killers way to easy.  I have had other surguries done to different parts of my body and they had me on so many different ones that after taking them for about 3-4 days they don't seem to work.  It got as bad as taking Morphine pills...  So when I go to the ER for these bouts of pain, it seems like NOTHING works.  And the Doc doesn't understand that Motrin and stuff doesn't do a thing for me and it Really Really Really hurts me and I get very grouchy and snappy (SP?)Plus it doesn't help that I have a 4.1 cm Cyst on my ovary and he wants to do the wait and see what happens way, and I am not happy with that at all. I guess as my mom says I have NO PATIENTS at all.  But thanks again for the input I really appreciate it.

Hugs and Kisses,
Char
Helpful - 0
I had a thermal ablation/D&C procedure in March.  This is not to state that you will share my success, but honestly,  I wish that I had  this procedure years ago!!  

For about two weeks after the procedure,  I had some disharge.   I scheduled a full week from work, but afterwards realized that I needly only a day or two, mostly to recover from the anesthesia.  I skipped the next "regularly scheduled" monthly cycle, then had a very, very light period at the start of the next cycle.  The next cycle, I had another very, very light period...and nothing following that one.   I am no longer having periods.  I do not feel menopausal, as I feel like I am having a monthly cycle (note: I only  have one ovary remaining as I lost one ovary to a  large, damaging endometrioma.) I know that comment is difficult to understand but I am not sure how to explain it.    I also am not having hot flashes, insomnia, or any other strong menopausal symptoms beyond what I was already suffering due to being perimenopausal.

The great thing is that even with those remaining monthly cycles, I did not have the usual discomfort that I associated with a monthly cycle.   It is...well...as if the ablation procedure removed my excess estrogen problem.  My doctor cannot offer an explanation for the effect, but did tell me that I am not the first patient to report this effect to her.
Helpful - 0
Hello greeneyes...I don't know how well the abilation will slow your mentural flow, but it is supposed to work pretty well. I just had mine done yesterday...they also clamped my toobs to ensure that I will not have a chance of getting pregnant because of course  after the abilation the fetus would have nothing to cling to with the uterus being so thin...I am having a little discomfort, mainly a lot of bloating...The reason I had the abilation is to decrease the chances of endometriosis. they removed a lot of endometriosis during the surgery. A friend of mine had an abilation done and she no longer has a period...I hope everything goes well...and I am sorry if I have a lot of spelling errors...this Darvacet is making me feel a little funny.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.