Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Danielle........how are you?

Danielle:

I just wanted to see how you were doing and how your sister is holding up.  I know this must be extremely difficult for you and your family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Shawn
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Daneille:

I can't imagine what you must be going through to have lost so much already.  I think that getting those journals for your sister is a lovely idea.  My (only) sister and I didn't speak for many years and I lost her 2 1/2 years ago.  I regret never making amends with her and we missed so much of each other's lives.  Make the most of the time you have with her.  You will treasure it always.  I know this is heartbreaking for you and if you even need to "talk" post a thread or come over to the other site.  You will always have the support you need there.  We may not have experienced the same things, but between us we can offer our hearts.  Please take care of yourself as well during all this.  Stress can play havoc on our bodies.  Keep me updated and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Shawn
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
I've been thinking about you and your sister, as well.  I wish I had the words to tell you I am sorry for everything that is going on.  I hope you get at least a glimmer of hope from the doctors at UM.  

I also wanted to invite you to join us on the MSN site.  It started with a group who post here regularly back in April, and now there are quite a few members.  We talk about the illness/procedures/surgeries we are going through, but it is a bit more personal.  We get to know each other better, and have fun in the process!  It would be great if you'd like to join.  The address is http://groups.msn.com/BulgeBattlingBattalionCysters/welcome1.msnw  You will have to apply to join, and be sure to put the name you use on this site, so Mid or Dian (the administrators) will know who you are.  Just wanted to give you an invitation.  

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for asking Shawn. There was a slight hope I had for the past two weeks that my sister Debbie might be okay. The lung doctor thought that she might have both primary lung cancer and primary cervical cancer in which case the nodule on her lung might not be terminal. Wednesday she had the surgery and the surgeon stated that the nodule had the same characteristics as her cervical cancer, therefore it was cervical. This is not good. She was originally diagnosed at a two, however when the original pet scan was taken there was no sign of spreading, since then it has spread to her pelvic area and her lungs. It is now metastisized (sp). I guess you don't go up from a 2 to a 4 in staging they just label it as spreading.  

I talked to her nurse who is also my nurse and she told me that Debbie will not be cured. Debbie is going to the University of Michigan to get a second opinion, however, so I hope I hope they have something else for her, but I need to be realistic as well. The nodule has grown just in the past three weeks and I am scared.

I went to the hospital to see her and brought her some journals to write her "stories". We spent years apart and I really don't know what her life was all about then.  I don't ever want any of us to die and just be forgotten. Every time I look at my teal ribbon tattoo on my ankle I will think of her. Isn't it funny, it was originally a symbol of what I went through and it turned out to be so much more.

I cry off and on and am so sad. I went to visit her and she always calls me her baby sister.  I am trying to be strong and hopeful. This is tough! I had a sister die of a stroke at 46 years old, a sister die of heroin overdose at 46 years old and my sister Debbie is 47. My other sister is clear of cancer (non-hodgkins lymphoma) for six years. Can I be done now?  Do years actually go by without a tragedy or two?    

How are you doing?  I hope you are well. Thanks so much for asking about my sis.  Please update me as to how you are.

Sincerely,
Daneille
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.