Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

No Cyst and pain. Please help!

I have had two sonograms in the past 2 months. The first showed no cyst...still pain...the second one this past monday also no cyst...still cramping on the right side and shooting pain. I am also late with my mensies and it feels like it is coming but should have been here last week. Does anyone experience menstrual problems after the cyst has dispaeared? Why is there pain when they say there is nothing there. I still have back pressure too.
MickiVickie was helpful in saying that a cyst leaves a wound...does anybody have this experience. I am going crazy again...Can two doctors miss the a cyst or a mass?
Please help.
Sincerely, Dechen
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,
I have heard, from family members who have endometriosis, that it causes pain - similar to what you may have with a cyst, but it doesn't show on an ultrasound.
Also, menstral irregularities and sometimes infertitly are part of it.
The only way a Dr can diagnos is for sure, is though exploratory surgery. That is usually done, if nothing shows on the ultrasound, and you keep having unexplained pain. The Dr can also remove alot of the endo with the surgery.

Good luck, hope you get releif soon.

Mary
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I've been going throught that for about 3 months now. My left side hurts. All tests show there is nothing there. Have you had a colonscopy yet?
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
Marymk is right. I had a lap for endo in 2001. The endo was very painful. The week of my period I walked hunched over because it hurt to stand up straight. Too bad that is not what's happening to me now. I had a lap in April for scar adhesions. They said no sign of endo.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.