Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

4cm. ovarian cyst with low echoes

I have a 4cm. cyst with a few low echoes. I had a cyst on same ovary 3 months ago that was 2cm. I am worried and my Dr. said to wait 6 to 8 wks to have another ultrasound. He acted like it was nothing, for him maybe! The echoes is what worries me. I have had hip and leg pain for about 8 monthes and the Dr. doesn't know what's causing it. I had a mri of the hip and they found the 2cm. cyst then a mri of the back that showed a cyst 1.7 cm. on my kidney, but it was just a simple cyst. But nothing else showed so now I think maybe the pain in my leg is from the cyst. The report said that the 4cm. cyst was primarly simple with a few low echoes. I am worried if anyone has any input please respond.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Low echoes mean that they cyst has debris in it. Debris usually consists of blood and other tissues floating in fluid. This is that echoes. I think they look for solid areas and solid nodules on the walls when they consider ovarian cancer.
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much, I am trying not to worry.
Helpful - 0
I don't know exactly what that means.  I would guess that is has something to do with the thickness/makeup but I wouldn't worry about that too much.  I have heard of several people on here having reports saying that and it turned out to be  benign.  Ask your doctor what it means, but in the meanwhile, don't worry yourself sick over it.  Merytre
Helpful - 0
I'm more worried that the cyst has low echoes in it. What exactly does this mean?
Helpful - 0
Hi there,I was getting hip pain, not back pain with my two ovarian cysts.  They were tennis ball sized and I guess when I layed on my side they layed there too, causing nerves to hurt etc.   Everyone is different but I do agree with  Shawn that is pretty common.  Good luck.  MErytre
Helpful - 0
It's quite common for cysts to cause hip/leg pain as they can put pressure on your nerves.  You should probably seek the opinion of a gyn/oncologist as they specialize in this area. Just remember that 99% of cysts are benign, but it wouldn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion.

Best of luck,
Shawn
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.