Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

can simlpe cyst leak?

HI ALL
Posted a few? before and found answers really useful, but need info on this. Can a simple(functional)cyst leak?. The reason i ask is that i have one on my left ovary which is causing lots of pain. Last monday i got a strange intense pain which lasted about 1 hour(i thought it had ruptured)after this no pain,except for a slight dull throb now and again. That was from mon until friday when all of a sudden all the pain comes back exactly as before. I was wondering if perhaps it leaked a lttle(so easing pressure on nearby bowel ect)and has now gotten bigger again. Its really weird!!!!.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes i know about the ovulation pain as i had it for many years. Thats why i thought this one had ruptured as it was the same pain for an hour.Then nothing. now pain is back but i must say not quite so intense and does not hurt to open bowels(like it did before)thats what made me ask question about leak.Cheers for your input.
Dawn
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hey Lady, Simple cysts can and do leak.  The fluid collects in the pelvic area and causes pain until it is reabsorded into the tissue.  I would not rule out the rupture except that when that happens, the pain usually abates within three or four days.  Yours came back.  I had trouble with simple, or functional cysts seeping or rupturing something fierce until I had kids.  I still have the occasional rough cycle but nothing like when I was younger!  Keep us posted D!  MV
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.