Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Im in tears.

I just found out my mom is getting the Doxil only. I am devastated. All that research and all those phone calls regarding the new drug were for nothing. I feel like nothing is going right for my mother and she truly deserves to have a miracle. I dont know what else I can do.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
135691 tn?1271097123
Oh, I'm so sorry. I, like the rest of us here I'm sure, have been following your mom's struggles as she goes through this. You are a very supportive daughter and she's lucky to have you to lean on. Continue to be strong and positive for her. We will all be praying that the Doxil does the trick...
Becky
Helpful - 0
Actually Im her son.  I just wish I could help her.  I did so much research on this new drug and fought to get her in this trial.  I feel like all my efforts were for nothing.  My mother deserves so much better.
Helpful - 0
Dear Allan:

I was glad my wife was chosen for Doxil. It almost put her on remission. It reduced her CA 125 from 300 to 10. Doxil is FDA approved - a standard line of treatment. I don't want to preempt the study but based on my initial inquiries in my area, many patients on Telcyta were immediately switched to standard treatment, which meant it was not working for them (Although not conclusive of the study since the whole population has to be accounted for).

In this clinical trial, Telcyta is combined with Carboplatin, your mom and my wife recurred less than six(6) months which means they are both platimum-resistant. This means that in all probabilities, Carbo won't work for them within a short time frame. They both need time for Carbo to work again. The good part of this study is that if Telcyta proves effective all the patients of this forum will all benefit form it. So your mom can still get Telcyta when they complete the study.

I will pray for your mom. But hopefully the random choice would be for the best.

Jatoo
Helpful - 0
The problem is how long until Telcyta is approved by the FDA?  Women dont have the time to wait.  This is why Im so upset.
Helpful - 0
155056 tn?1333638688
Alan, you are so right, time is so critical when dealing with this beast!!!!  I am so sorry that they have not accepted your Mom in the trial, you would think that if you are willing to try it they would just automatically include you, the more data the better info in the end.

Doxil does have some excellent results. There are also other chemos and drugs that are used to keep this beast in check.  Let's hope that the doxil does the trick for your mom, but if not I am sure that it will buy her time for the next drug.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Helpful - 0
I had my 7th treatment of doxil on last friday and there was a lady there who was given Telcyta and they had to stop the treatment and rush her to the emergency room.  When I say her come out of the room she was holding her chest and breathing fast like gasping for air.
Helpful - 0
Dear Gail,

Thanks for the info.

Jatoo
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.